Local Services

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Dec 23, 2004.

1. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to recommend an Official Translator. Her name is Julie Menasco. Some of you may know her from when she was the Director at CES Elementary School.

We just had her translate a large number of legal documents and she did an excellent job for a very reasonable price.

Julie Menasco - Official Translator
    email: juliemenasco [at] yahoo [dot] com
    tel. 884-6878
    cel. 998-161-8186

Julie translates both English to Spanish and Spanish to English. When she translates English to Spanish she has a native Spanish speaker double check her translation. She does excellent work.

2. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    RG - just tried going to the website you had posted years ago..and it is no longer in service. Do you happen to have an updated website..??

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey V8eyedoc are you in Cancun now or still in the planning stages? If your in Cancun you have to change your location under your avatar. And if you are not in Cancun is the snow up over your roof yet????

We are getting close to our 10 days there. And cant wait

4. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi GONZO.....!! Not living in Cancun....yet! And still in the planning & preparation stages... So far, I have had 4 international movers come to the house for an estimate of shipping costs..and they range from $20,000 to $10,000 for the same amount of "crap"... ! So...I am rethinking what I can sell here and just replace in Cancun, as I have no sentimental attachment to a piece of furniture. Just my motorcycle.!

Leaving on the 24th of Feb for 15 days...to see if I can purchase a house of my liking... THEN...I will have a place to ship my goodies to...!!

SNOW........?????????????????? OMG.....!!! All the meteorologists here..have just about been BURNED AT THE STAKE..!! They had forcast over 1 foot of snow..for last Wednesday.....and we got an inch and 1/2..!!

Schools were closed for the day, businesses were closed, all state workers were let go early..!! Millions of $$ were lost..!! Even the newspapers had a hayday.. as headlines read - "NO SCHOOL & NO SNOW"

5. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh man the meteroligists had better watch it. lol From a foot to an inch OUCH. The kids were happy anyway. Well maybe we will run into you in Cancun we are leaving on the 25th for 10 days. Wish we were house hunting........

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mexira is gone. Sorry.

There's a real estate agent here who I recommend. She does everything by the book, she fully understands the system here and she's been her for over 20 years. Her name is Carmen Bianca. She's slow to get a web presence (I keep nagging her), but I know she has a lot of listings right now in your price range. Her cell is 998-874-0177, her email is carmenbianca [at] hotmail [dot] com.

7. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just wanted to throw in a recommendation for my new Ob/Gyn. He came highly recommended to me by a few friends, and I was not let down in any way. I come from a land of free healthcare, which I now see doesn't always mean better!

Dr. Luis J. Medellin Lara - he speaks English, and was very professional. His office was amazing, and he was very thorough. I felt very comfortable with him, and would recommend him to anyone.

Web address : Ginecologos en Cancun, Centro Ginecologico y Perinatal: Dr. Luis Medellin Lara

Email :ljmedellin@ginecologocancun.com

Address and other contact info on the link provided above.

8. vinaykumar

vinaykumar Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Rivergirl, Dr. Grassi is one of the leading dental surgeon in Cancun and majority of his patients are from US and Canada. Just found him on youtube also: [ame=""]YouTube - Cosmetic Dentist Cancun - Dr Mauricio Grassi

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2017
  9. pocodinero

pocodinero Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I want to recommend a great Plumber/Electrician/ Handyman (Albanil)/Painter. He also repairs Hydraulic pump and drywall problems. His name is Pedro Uc Noh. He is very skilled, punctual and reliable. He did a lot of work for me and I am pleased with everything he did. On one occasion, I had a leak in my roof. He fixed it, but apparently I had more then one leak (I found this out after another storm came through) and he came back to fix the problem without any extra charges. His prices are very, very fair. His (Cell) phone number is (998) 118-6687.

By the way, I used 2 other "handymen" before finding Pedro, and they were certainly not worth recommending.

10. Steveshire

Steveshire Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Warning!! Do NoT Use WIRECOM

Just to let anybody needing computer repairs DO NOT use WIRECOM on Av Tulum.
    They repaired my computer by deleting Windows and then reinstalling a COPIED version.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice