Local Services

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Steve, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Here are the details of a great lawyer that deals with real estate/land purchases etc. This was a recommendation from Jason (lilnottsman) and we used him for our recent land purchase. Service was excellent and professional, price was great too and he even managed to do a few things that will save us money on land taxes over the future years:

Lic. Rafael Gonzalez Meza
    Mza 14 Lote 32 Sm64
    Cancun Q Roo

Tel 8847575, 8840009, 8840090
    notaria40cancun@yahoo.com.mx

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Re: Movin to Paradise

I'd recommend to start with that you rent a property downtown, prices are from $250 a month to $1000, quality and facilities proportionate. Maybe try 6 months at least and during that time get a feel for the area and prices, and then purchase something. For $150,000 you could buy a very nice place e.g. 3 bed 4 bathrooms, shared pool. Certainly, stay away from the real estate vendors in the Hotel Zone if you are looking for a serious place to live, rather than a summer home. Maybe consider buying some land and building your own place - that's the route we are taking.

Schools, generally about $300-400 a month.

3. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A GREAT chiropractor, highly recommend him...

Dr. Francisco Hermosillo Guerra (though I call him Dr. Milagro)
    998 884 2284
    SM 26 No. 3 Ha Canul (off Coba, between Tankah and Palenque)

Speaks English, has excellent credentials and great stories of living in the US for many years. Kind of a "hippie", two doctorate degrees and frequently upgrading his skills in a lot of areas.

PS, Steve, LOVE this thread, great "sticky"

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The absolute best Pediatric Dentist
    Dra. Alejandra Solis Camarena she is located In the Odontologia Integral Building across from the Radisson on Nader 884-3800

5. lilnottsman

lilnottsman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Reliable mailbox service:

Mail Center Inc.
    Av. Xpuhil #3
    S.M. 27 Cancun, Q. Roo
    Tels: 998-884-8328 / 998-887-4918
    Fax: 998-887-4913

6. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking for a great doctor, regular, plain ole doctor for checkups and coughs etc. I'd love to have a woman who speaks English, not too far from sm32. Asking too much?

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been using My Pediatrician as My GP since Maddie was born Pretty bad Huh! I know of a Woman who Might be able to recommend someone She is a Sports Medicin Docter at Hospiten SHE is great, She may know of a GP .

8. estander

estander Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great idea Steve!

As amazing as it sounds, I met Dr Oliverez back in 99 when I was pregnant. My husband and I were at "Playa Norte" relaxing and althought I was not showing (that much) Dr Oliverez was able to tell I was pregnant. We discussed the difference in price for obstetric care here in the USA compared to Mexico. Nice guy!

Is AmeriMed the best hospital in Cancun?
    Any good pediatrican around?

In Nov 2004 we ended up in Hospital Amat with my daughter, she had a bad allergic reaction. Treatment was good, but they wanted to keep us there longer with no reason. I took my daughter's IV out, paid the very expensive bill and left AMA (against medical advise).

Ellie

9. estander

estander Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To RedHeadGirl

To RedHeadGirl

Let me know what you find workwise in Cancun.
    I've been an OB RN for almost a year now. Last time I checked nursing jobs in Cancun I was disappointed by the $600-$800 a month (that is what we make here in USA in a week, woking part-time).
    Have you thought about being a traveling nurse? With a 3-month assingment in California you can live very well in Cancun for a year.

Ellie

10. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Amerimed is a good hospital, I had my baby there in April and visited emergency last week. I would have no trouble recommending it to a tourist.

As for pediatrician, I have the MOST wonderful doctor! His office is located in Amerimed, name is Dr. Alejandro Bierzwinski. Phone 881-3419, email alex.bierzwinski@amerimedcun.com. He speaks perfect English and his credentials are impressive. He's only been in Cancun less than a year so is seeking new patients. He came from Mexico City where he worked at a very famous hospital (which I can't recall right now but hubby was impressed). He's so kind and gentle and warm and knowledgeable, I adore him and so does baby Max.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice