Lobby(conversation) Bar Under Construction

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MajesticMelons, May 7, 2019.

1. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Till the rest of the building comes down on your head. :)

Jamie

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Update! We are here now. It rained overnight Saturday and Sunday morning and by the time we arrived Sunday afternoon, the lobby bar ceiling was leaking on BOTH sides of the room. Someone told us that at one point, a garden hose was hanging from the ceiling to drain water out of it. Yikes!

More news (at least to me): the Bash dance stage has been completely painted over with some very gritty white paint to make it non-slip. You'd have to step on a banana peel to slip on the stage now.

Last night the Bash party was....drumroll....AT SKY! But before you get too excited, it appears this was because they are building something on/around the Bash stage for the July 4th party. So I am guessing that we might be at Sky the nights of July 2 and 3 as well. It was fun to be up there at night, but as always at Sky, it was windy, so I was constantly pulling my hair out of my drink, my eyes, my mouth lol. They didn't bring a ton of food up there...about 6 covered warmers and what looks like a hot dog vendor's cart. No grill or deep fryer, so no burgers and fries...eek! No one went in the pool at Sky, so I don't know if it was allowed or not.

The fellow who took our bags to our room said the resort is at 60% occupancy. That should go up for the July 4th weekend, I would think.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  3. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Further update: Talked to the guys working on the stage today. They are installing a grid of 4" x 4" boards over the dance stage at Bash, with a single pinpoint light in the center of each square. I asked them if it was going to be a permanent installation, and they said yes (would not put it past them to mess with the white gringo girl, however). The party is up on the roof again tonight, but they told me that Bash will be open again tomorrow, so the alterations to the stage apparently are going to be permanent. No idea yet what they are covering the wooden grid over with. Will post a pic when it's done.

For Canada Day, the resort imported a female Cdn DJ, and all reports are that she was GREAT (we were on the Boobs Cruise so can't comment)

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  4. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    C'mon... that's exactly what everyone wants you to comment about!

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    We loved having the party up at Sky in April. Quite a great space for close quarters mingling and dancing. Great sound system

6. matchandherbetterhalf

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    Sexy pool was really pumping yesterday afternoon...totally does not feel like there are not enough people at the resort. The bonus is that it is easy to get a table at the restaurants.

Awesome Angels and Devils party on the roof last night! Lots of people dressed up, music was good, and it was much less windy than the night before. Love love LOVE the night parties being on the roof!

Forgot to mention that they are now turning off the lights at night in the ceiling above the lobby bar, so it's now a great place to escape the heat and have a conversation. Also seems to us that the music was not as loud at Bash the one night the party was there since we've been at the resort.

Here's a photo of what they are building on the Bash dancefloor...

dancefloor.jpg

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Thanks for the updates!

I wish they would put some type of railing around it, as I am afraid of stepping off all the time. But maybe the way it will be lit now will change that.

So the light in the lobby have been dimmer multiple nights in a row? That's sound good, and I am hoping they are staying with that, and it isn't just a random temp thing.

Keep having fun!!

8. Joe&Heidi

Joe&Heidi Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +324 / 6
    Don't hold your breath too hard. I bet they put a poly or acrylic top on it. Id bet a translusecent poly (plastic) material to make a dancing light. It could be real slick when wet depending on how smooth it is.

9. Jason & Shelly

Jason & Shelly Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +598 / 1
    Looking forward to hearing/seeing updates on this - we arrive Saturday so will get to see in person soon enough but love getting these updates!

10. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,603 / 14
    Maybe someone with a bit of sense will realize that nobody cares what it looks like during the day... they care about how it works out at night.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice