Lobby(conversation) Bar Under Construction

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by MajesticMelons, May 7, 2019.

1. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    Go figure, Bash has a
    problem
    with coverage;).

On our one trip I was watching them fill in what looked like poorly designed drainage inlets. I was wondering why they were doing it and where the water was going to go. Since there isn't much of a pitch on the roof I figured I was missing something. Guess I know now, into the lobby.
    The playmakers should take advantage of this and when it rains have wet tee shirt contests where the leaks are. Then no one will look at it as a problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. PardonTheFun

PardonTheFun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +696 / 0
    Anywhere you have pooling water, you will almost certainly eventually get a leak, usually sooner than later. There are coatings which are designed to where they would waterproof the substrate from the top, but they still need pitch to it. I'd build a fall to the flat area (1/4" to 1') and seal with a parking garage coating over the top of it. Divert water as soon as possible off the flat area and do not allow pooling water to stand. One thing I know for sure is that you can't fix a roof leak by replacing the ceiling sheetrock.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  3. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Yes very funny you found this. Obviously so much was pointed out from Elyse's perspective on the soft opening trip. Then the last two trips she walked around seeing what is still a problem that she called before. I honestly think on the next trip she might bring her pink hardhat and walk around inspecting things and taking notes. Then issue citations for infractions to be paid in free nights.

Needless to say this shit wasn't very pleasant on our trip in the beginning of May, and the constant construction noise around us in the tower was also unacceptable. The resort still hasn't properly responded to my complaints, aside from "we are sorry for the inconvenience as we try to improve the resort". Clearly they don't give a shit what a member with 9 trips (and one already booked for July) has to say.

upload_2019-6-4_12-17-31.png
    upload_2019-6-4_12-17-57.png

Glad to hear the above pictured lobby redo is already over. But they seem a long ways away from fixing the drainage issues.

4. MajesticMelons

MajesticMelons Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,746 / 3
    I'm assuming that wall was temporary. It would really suck to close off that lobby.
    Also another suggestion, when the roof leaks they can throw a little soap down and use the lobby like a giant slip and slide. Topless optional of course.

5. scottydog

scottydog I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,126 / 2
    We typically have a few pre-dinner drinks at the lobby bar for our June trips. Courtney will have just showered and gotten all fancied up for dinner, and wants the lobby AC over the humidity at the Bash bar. We’ll post the latest on what happens when it rains after the trip.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    What kind of noise in the Tower were you getting? Something other than lobby construction?

7. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    There was construction noise coming from rooms around our room, not the lobby. Saws, hammering, the works.

Who knows what and where they were making the repairs. Trust me I didn't go around looking.

8. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Well, that's awesome then. Each person just had the one bit of data they retained out of the explanation, it seems.

9. M&MfromLA

M&MfromLA Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +581 / 0
    My GF is a mechanical engineer that specializes in plumbing and water systems. She took one look at this thread and said "Mexico babe" (and she's Mexican :).

It's not that there isnt great talent out in Mexico within the building and design trades....its just that there is always someone looking to save a buck. Add in far less regulations than the US and well....you get a bar that is being rebuilt because of leaks lol.

10. Jason & Shelly

Jason & Shelly Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +598 / 1
    Anyone there now with updated photos of the finished lobby?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice