Live Boxing - Hatton vs. Pacquiao on May 2nd

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by madao, Apr 7, 2009.

1. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cheers Sam, and yeah I did guess that may be your name ;-)

Im guessing you dont look like your profile pic tho, but ill scream Sam loudly in the bar and buy you a beer if your there! lol

2. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No that's be my daughter, we'll be quite easy to spot as we'll all be together, i'll wear a Liverpool shirt aswell to make it easier. See you there.

3. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry Steve, haven't had a chance to go to La Tab at all, will try and get the wife to call when she has a spare moment, if not will try and pop in tomorrow night, some people might be going to watch the UFC there but im not a definite so if not i'll get them to ask.

4. madao

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sam, or Steve, another question for you both.

We're looking at going to the bullfighting on the 6th May. It was out of season when we were last there in September but we think 6th May is the last one of this season.

Do you know if its worth, or possible, to get tickets in advance? Does it get busy enough to sell out, especially if it the last event of the season? If so is there a place that does tickets in the HZ or does it mean a trip to the stadium, which I guess we could do on the way to La Taberna on Saturday to watch the Hatton fight.

Cheers

Ads

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    The Outback in the Hotel zone always show the big fights too .
    May the best Man win.
    Tracey

6. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The bullfights I have been to have never been sold out - unless it is a really big name - the fights here are a bit different to other parts of Mexico - they are more tourist orientated with dancers and stuff first and the bulls are sometimes smaller - the bull is killed by the matador so if any of your group is squeamish it might not be for them.

There are different prices of seats and its a lot cheaper to buy them at the bullring - If I have time on Saturday I'll check it out for you.

7. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We didnt go in but were there about the time it was to start. Just happened to be in the area. There werent nearly enough people around to fill it and there wasnt a line at the ticket office either. I just wanted to see the bull fighting arena.

I sure wouldnt worry about getting tickets. Here is a pic you can see one of the traditional dancers and the taquilla (ticket office) is right there at the corner of the stairs. No line and this was just a half hour before the start.
    [​IMG]

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve - UPDATE - went to La Taberna, completely forgot to ask, think the beer had something to do with it!

However, SPACE channel (SKY 417) is advertising it and that's a free channel, so they must be showing it! Last week when the UFC was on, we could hardly get a seat, we tried the other La Taberna but although they had lots of space, they didn't have the fighting on (Despite a poster to the contrary on the door!!), something about the boss not paying it???

So i'm betting it's on and i'm going for 9pm, as showtime has the boxing starting at that time and i don't want to miss it. Hope the Notts boy can do us proud Steve and knock Jermain Taylor out, then it's Rickys turn next week. Anyone wanting to wager some money on Pacman for next weeks fight, please feel free to send me a PM and meet us in La Taberna, ready to hand your cash over! (I HOPE!) :)

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Totally forgot we have a reservation at Temptation for the Saturday night of the Hatton fight so wont be able to make that one now unfortunately.

We are also staying at a hotel tomorrow night and all day Saturday. Will probably make it, but will see how I feel when I get back home Sat evening.

10. madao

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gutted Sam, unless im gonna swim over from the UK I wont be making it for this! lol

As the flight tomorrwo morning is cancelled we got our money back and have booked some random flights to Thailand on Friday morning instead. No plans where to go or stay when we get there so should make for an interesting trip!! Hope we find a bar somewhere there showing the fight though!!!!

Will hopefull be rebooking for Temptations in September :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice