Live Boxing - Hatton vs. Pacquiao on May 2nd

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by madao, Apr 7, 2009.

1. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, we arrive in Cancun on the 30th April, and will therefore be in a much better timezone to see this fight compared to being in England!

Can anyone offer up any recommendations for good bars in Cancun to watch sporting events at?

We're staying at Temptations, but prepared to travel anywhere in the HZone or Downtown for a good bar with a great atmosphere.

Cheers

Ads

2. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My boyfriend is a huge boxing fan, and it looked like Hooters and a bunch of other places in the hotel zone were showing the fights. They even had banners outside advertising it. And there was a small fight going on then, so I would imagine they'd DEFINITELY be showing Hatton/Pacquiao.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I will probably go to La Taberna downtown to watch this one, a few more Brit expats are sure to be there too.

4. SamCancun

SamCancun Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're already there mate, big, big fight and hopefully all us "Brits" will be there to support Ricky, going to be a close fight but i don't think the Pacman can handle his power to be honest, i'm sure there's some doubters on here that do though.

HBO has it starting at 9pm ET but i reckon it'll be an hour or so afterwards, still no reason not to start early and have a few beforehand.

Carl Froch Vs Jermaine Taylor the week before, UK vs US for the super middleweight title on the 25th, it's on Showtime so not sure if La Taberna will have it but i'll check and confirm, there's a few of us planning to be there for that one too.

More importantly, let's hope Liverpool can put a few past Chelsea in the next two hours, come on you reds!

5. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    By the way La Taberna is on Yaxilan Avenue, hope to see you there, will be a good atmosphere if enough of us, last time i clearly remember Steve singing the national anthem at the top of his voice!

6. madao

madao Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im sure we'll be there, glad you provided some more location info tho to help with us getting there!!!

Wont be there for the 25th but certanly looking forward to the 2nd, and this place sonds like a great place to watch it!!!

Good game tonight, thought it could of gone either way for a bit, but Chelsea did well in the end.

7. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chelsea were excellent, can't believe the scoreline, would be devastated but it's not over yet nor in the league!

Hope to see you down there, i'm Sam by the way.

8. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now i feel stupid, my username says Sam in it, DOH I thought it said something else!!

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Let me know if La Taberna are showing this. Carl Froch is from Notingham and a Forest fan so I might well come along to that too.

10. SamCancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If there's a Brit in a world title fight and it's on TV here, i'll be there for sure, i'm sure i've seen mention of a Showtime fight there before or they passed through that channel on the Dish system so i hope it's on. Strangely enough it's struggling to get a broadcaster for within the UK, not enough interest apparently, you'd think Setanta would pick it up, they take anything Sky don't want! :) If i get a chance to pop in this weekend i will and i'll let you know. Here's me sounding all keen, i have trouble getting away for a few hours and now i'm talking about two Saturday nights in a row, not sure if my ears can take such a battering! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice