Letter from Oasis Sens

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by MinnesotaWoman, Jul 24, 2014.

1. MinnesotaWoman

MinnesotaWoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Can you tell me which Oasis you stayed -- I'm assuming GOV? Can you tell me specifically what you were disappointed with? And what about Sens makes you think it's like Puerto Vallarta -- in what way?
    Well - we'll be going in a little over two months now. I hope I'm not disappointed, but no matter what - we are going to get out and do things and make it a good trip. Hoping they have a Boobs Cruise during our time -- we may sign up for that. (although at almost 52 am I too old? And the husband is turning 50 on vacation)

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So I just went to Sens page and looked through their photographs. Looks like they are pushing the 'spicy' a lot in the pics BUT...why does the top of my browser tab now say "Cancun Gay Resorts" ??

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2014
  3. Jess_2703

Jess_2703 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0
    I stayed at GOV, I stay at Oasis Palm Beach, we meet some people that stay at Oasis Cancun, and ben before I met him he stayed at GOV.

Basicly about gov... Isn't because I'm a returning customer at TTR that I can't appreciated other resort.

But too make it short: Food was really bad, fruit that was supposed to be '' fresh '' wasn't not. We ate outside the resort 5 times for dinner. The resort itselfe, alot of thing that was need to repair. No hot water like 2 morning ( not cool ) The activity was borring, There was alot of people under 21 years old. When you was topless those freakin Jerk try to grab your boobs ( not cool ). Alot of jugdment .. Not very cool. Coyotes was hot as hell the '' exotic dancer '' was doing the same things everynight.. which wasn't really exotic. Basicly, guest was better than them.

Oasis Sens: People proclaim that is a '' gay '' resort. So not sure if I want tro ty it.

Oasis Palm = Kids Zone. and basicly same food as all other Oasis chain.

Oasis cancun = Bunch of college kids, that don't know when to stop drinking and the resort was really nasty. People that we meet on the shuttle bus when I went to GOV.. said that people was pucking everywhere in the hallway...

Not really my type of vacation + when I'm vacation I want to have fun and not worrying about anything :)

Some people love it.. but I'm not it's up to your choice.

4. MinnesotaWoman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They are trying to market Sens to be gay friendly, and that's fine with me. Even so, pretty sure 60% or higher will be hetro couples.

Well, we'll be trying it out, and making the best out of whatever situation. It's close to the airport, good beach, adult only, seems like the pools are nice... I can probably live with it. I'm kind of a "dive bar" type gal, anyway. : )

5. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Sens is great. Beautiful, lots of options. Yes, it has issues here and there like most resorts, our air wasn't cold enough and I didn't want to change rooms, so after the guy came (promptly ) to fix it and it didn't work, we requested a fan for the night, and they brought us a nice one. As far as lgbt friendly, we saw many more man/women couples...and in my opinion, because I travel a lot to New Orleans, we frequent the gay bars, better music and less drama. I think people who are looking for a party atmosphere and a sexy one shouldn't be so judgmental about "gay" it's not contagious good grief. If you don't like judgmental people making comments about you being topples or wearing sexy clothes, then practice a little of that and quit judging others for their lifestyle choices. Not directed at anyone particular - just making a statement.

6. MinnesotaWoman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, Girlfortony, I agree!

And thanks for your thoughts about Sens -- here, and previous. I know it can't be too bad. I'm thinking that at worst, it may be a little quiet -- but if that's the case, we can get out of the resort and do a few things. I wanted to be in Cancun so that was an option. Who knows - by October, they could have the place rockin'. I kind of like going into it, not knowing quite what to expect! Makes it kind of fun & interesting.

7. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gay friendly is totally fine with me. Gay resorts are, too. I Just think there is a difference and they might end up turning away many and be stuck catering to a smaller market if people think it's a gay only resort.

8. MinnesotaWoman

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That would be unfortunate. I know that I probably wouldn't want to be somewhere that was 90%+ gay --- and then us. But that is exactly how they must feel, when they go to any mainstream couples resorts. So I think it's good to have a few that do want to advertise as gay friendly. But in reality, in the general population there is a smaller percentage of gays vs hetros, so to ever have it be more than a small percentage of gay people would be unlikely. But if the percentage is greater because of marketing and advertising - I think that's great. I hope that the Sens will end up being a place where all open minded adults can be comfortable and have a good time. And I hope hetro people are open minded enough to not freak out about going to a place that does advertise as gay friendly --- but I know that some will. But most of those people wouldn't be going to places like Sens or Temptation or anything like that, anyway.

9. Mike and Ang

Mike and Ang Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +188 / 0
    Thanks Steve. Sorry I just messaged you on this topic. Hope to hear how this works out. We enjoyed Viva in June, but Sens looks like a nicer resort, so if the new theme works well we will consider it for next year.

Please keep us posted...maybe a specific thread for Sens as the Viva one is dying fast.

10. cj&wj

cj&wj Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Stayed at GOV in May spicy adult theme not there! Everything was closed down by 2 am and things didn't get started until after 11am. It was a snooze fest! But, the beach was amazing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice