Let's lose some weight

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Klaw, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for all the encouragement.

First Curves workout out is 4pm today. I do have to go home forst to...to change clothes but that's it....straight out the door to Curves.

I had Subway (6in turkey on wheat no cheese) for lunch today and the secretaries in my office decised to follow suit with the dieting so starting tomorrow no more going out to lunch.

The three of us will be brown bagging it an on those days I can't because of lunch I'll be stopping at Subway.

2. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm in on this slim-down too! Yay!

I need all kinds of support/motivation...because I am in desperate need of getting back into shape! (and round and lumpy is not a shape I wanna be anymore!)

We joined the gym here on Thanksgiving week...and have been less than 5 times... :roll:

I start today, going 5 days per week....and tanning is in the package, so thats pretty cool.

I've got to go shopping for healthy foods though....I ate nothing for breakfast (bad)....and lunch I had a Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwich..ha!

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not a breakfast eater either, Tonya but am going to force myself to eat something.

Most likely yogurt and a banana.

4. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK...I am off to a good start I cleaned off my eliptical machine and used it too :shock: :D :!:

We are off to a great start :!: :!: Go team :cheerleaders:

5. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am in on this deal too.

Last year I lost 35 pounds while even managing to quit smoking. I still have 20 more to go for my target weight.

6. lambert13

lambert13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good idea Karan. Having something in the AM gets your metabolism going, and you will burn those calories and then some just by going about your normal morning. One of the low-carb energy bars are always a good replacement in the morning or late afternoon before you work out. I usually eat 2 bananas and an orange for breakfast which holds me over just fine till lunch.

7. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks, Jason.

I was thinking the banana because it's fruit and the yogurt because it's dairy.

I really don't like milk so I have to get in my daily servings of dairy somehow...and I do love yogurt.

8. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    no matter what diet everyone is after....ALWAYS DRINK LOTS OF WATER....instead of everything else.

To make water 'better' for me, I buy a bag of lemons from the grocery store and put a half a lemon or so in my 2 quart cup. I have a lemon juice extractor thingy that I bought from The Pampered Chef that I absolutely love. Guess some of you could put lime instead of lemons...

Here is my hand held juicer thing:
    http://www.pamperedchef.com/our_products/catalog/product.jsp?productId=10976&categoryCode=KW

FYI....bananas will help you retain water if you don't drink enough water to begin with.

9. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If anyone doesnt' know someone who sells pampered chef and wants that juicer thing...I do know someone I can give you contact information for that can get it ordered and shipped right to your house without having a show....or even pressures to have a show.

10. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drinking water is not a problem for me. I drink plenty of watereach day.

I put lemon jiuce in mine too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice