Let's lose some weight

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Klaw, Jan 1, 2007.

1. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your offer to help out kmachate :D

I am very guilty of eating less when I diet :oops: :oops:

I have poor portion control together with the fact that I'm always so rushed and then make poor choices so I choose NOT to eat most of the time so I don't make those boo-boos :roll: :roll:

I have been walking 4 miles 5 or 6 days a week :D

A big part of my problem too is that I am allergic to all treegrown fruits and many vegies too wich makes the right, quick choices VERY hard...........any suggestions :?:

2. kmachate

kmachate Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Planning planning planing...

I grill about 6lbs of chicken up at a time so that I always have a good protein source available.

Try pre-making meals or at least gather several days worth of safe foods and keep on hand all the time. If you have the good stuff available, you (hopefully) won't have to worry about the bad stuff.

3. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What are your suggestions for safe low carb foods ?

Any suggestions forr good websites?

By the way we get into BBG on the day before you leave............I'd be happy to buy you a drink for your great advice :wink: :lol: :!:

4. kmachate

kmachate Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lots of rounds being 'bought' that week ;)

I wouldn't recommend doing low carb on its own as a beginner. It can get tricky, and I'm not a proponent of Atkins. If that's your interest, they have lots of books out there that go into it. The carb depleting/cycling that I am most familiar with is not for the beginner or even the average person..

When I carb cycle, I do anywhere from 3 low/3high to 3 low 1/high.

Even when I am carb depleting, I still eat carbs, but only a certain type. Obviously avoid sugar, but also avoid bread, pasta and potatoes, and fruit unfortunately.

I eat a lot of chicken & green beans. Gets boring afer a while, but it works.

Stick to fibrous carbs. As I mentioned before, planning and portions are your 2 biggest 'tasks'.

5. LadyLegs

LadyLegs Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Hi there!

Any suggestions for trimming away baby fat? I had a baby in January and I sometimes still look pregnant. :cry:

6. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    My doc added to that list corn and rice to avoid. If only I had the time for more physical activity...

7. LadyLegs

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    yeah I've heard that too. I'm such a carboholic. That's why I'm having such a hard time with the baby fat.

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think I tripped some switch my biological system a month or two ago when I ate a two-meat loaded baked potato. Within a week I skyrocketed 10 pounds and have been struggling to lower that ever since. :evil:

9. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We need carb-a-holics anonymous :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

10. LadyLegs

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

I agree!! :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice