Let's lose some weight

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Klaw, Jan 1, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay guys....

Looks like a few of us are making resolutions to exercise more and/or lose some weight.

Any interest in trying to support each other like a few others on this board did a while back when they were all trying to quit smoking???

If there's enough interest (more than 2 or 3 people) then I'll make this thread a stickie.

As for me, my goal is 10 pounds by Feb 15th which is my next scheduled trip to see Dany.

I joined Curves and start 3 work outs per week tomorrow. This is a new concept for me because although I did weigh 236 pounds about 10 years ago I didn't lose it by joining a gym or other kind of exercise facility.

No one I know here at home is in the dieting/exercise mood so it would be great for me to have a few of you to chat with about the ups and downs of it all.

So what do you say???

Any interest???

2. Katie

Katie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Karan, I think this is a great idea. I am at my highest weight ever. (I blame it on getting married :lol: ) A lot of my pants don't fit around my arse!

My goal is to eventually lose 30 lbs. And I am thinking that I can do that in 6 months. That means 5 lbs per month.

I also belong to a local gym. I would like to get there 3 times per week for at least 30 minutes.

Also, I have two books - You the Owner's Manual and YOU on a Diet both by Dr. Oz and Dr. Roizen. Do others have either one or both of these books? I am reading the Owner's Manual now and if there are others it would be nice to discuss them with others.

Thanks Karan for starting this!

Katie

3. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Sounds great! I'm in. My long term goal is to lose an average of 1.5 pounds per week. Thats about 45 pounds by august. :shock:

I'm hoping that by breaking it down into weekly goals of just 1.5 I can stick with it this time. I may have to adjust that as time goes on but I hope not.

Simply put my plan is to eat less and move more!!!

George

4. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can count me in too. My goal is not necessarily a certain number of lbs as much as to feel comfortable in my body again. I could say I would like to lose about 30lbs, but if its only 20 lbs and I like the way I look I would be fine with that.
    I belong to the local gym, but really think I need to join in some of the classes to get me more motivated. I have to have surgery on my shoulder early this year (waiting to schedule for after my January trip to BBG) but would like to find some exercise I can do while I am healing. I have never had an issue with my weight before and to be honest am not really sure how to get going and stay motivated.
    Good Luck to all of you!!!

5. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    totally in

6. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I wanna lose about a stone (14lbs) before I head home to England in July. I can't afford to join a gym now I'm backpacking so I'm gonna have to do a lot of walking and a lot of salad eating!

7. LotsaTimers

LotsaTimers Cancuncare's Survivors Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    OK, so where are the guys?!

I am doing this primarily for health reasons, since I'm already so damn good-looking, :chuck: but losing the beer belly won't hurt either ! :)

8. Carole

Carole I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    My next trip to BBG is Feb 26th. So my goal is to get back in shape by then. I start again tomorrow. I usually watch my carbs now but totally gave that up during the holidays and I haven't excercized in a few weeks. I work out at home and usually 3 times a week, hoping to up that to 4-5 times a week since I only have about 8 weeks before bikini time.

9. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm in too.....would love to lose 20 pounds or so by April :!: I would love to be able to wear my favorite jeans and be able to breathe at the same time :lol: :lol: :lol:

This muffin top ooooozing out of the top of my jeans is getting most annoying :evil: :evil: :evil:

10. Kait13

Kait13 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: lol at the phrase muffin top! classic

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice