Lets get to know each other! (better!)

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Angibaby, Jun 28, 2008.

1. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. Name(s), - Marsh (it’s short for Marshall) and Melinda
    2. age range – both 44
    3. were are you from - Texas
    4. married/ single/ dating. (how long) – Together 22 years, celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary a couple of weeks ago. We met in 4th grade. We both rode the same school bus. We graduated the same year in high school but never dated until after college.
    5. How many times to TTR? This will be number 3
    6. Favorite part of TTR or if havent went yet what are you most looking forward too. The escape from reality. Jamie terms it a “frat party for adults”. All of us have responsibilities in the real world, but sometimes want a break from it. It place that you can let your hair down and people won’t judge you. I enjoy watching the transformation of my wife from “Dr. Melinda” to “Island Melinda”, it breathes new life into our relationship.
    7. any other traveling you do? if so where is your favorite other spot? We travel quite a bit for both work and pleasure. We’ve been to most states in the U.S. and 20-30 foreign countries.
    8. any hobbies? Traveling, camping, boating, hunting
    9. what do you do for a living? (love it or it pays the bills and for TTR!) After completing her PhD, Melinda joined academia-teaching and doing research. (she’s not only pretty but smart, too) I’ve spent 10 years in international banking, 5 years as a stockbroker, and the last 7-I’ve been in business for myself and currently own 2 Boat & ATV dealerships
    10. kids? how many? ages? bonus points for photos! Son (17), Daughter (15) They are both over-achievers like their mom. Our son is an excellent swimmer. Even as freshman, he was scouted by differ universities. My daughter is a singer and dancer. Her dance company just got back from performing at the nationals in dance competition. This Thanksgiving, another group that she dances with is in the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade in NY.
    11. favorite television shows Anything on the History Channel or Discovery Channel.
    12. most recent movie and how was it? I don’t remember
    13. what are you doing tonight?
    14. favorite food? Tex-Mex
    15. favorite drink? A well-blended margarita.
    16. something you lust for but dont want to spend the money on? Do hookers count?
    17. make up a question of your own and everyone has to answer it (so each person posting there should be one more question to answer than the previous!)

2. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    njfuninthesun..Took the test and was denied...Reason being is that i'm divorced...But thanks for the thought... :D This is what i was told by Eharmony folks... :(

3. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Congrat on you anniversary...Marsh and Melinda.. :D

4. njfuninthesun

njfuninthesun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    njfuninthesun..Took the test and was denied...Reason being i

Ice I was rejected the 1st time also. But when I retook the test the 2nd time I "passed". Don't give up! :) But I am glad to see I'm not the only one that didn't pass the "test"

5. joannanchuck

joannanchuck Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    oh yeah!!!...got a tatttoo on my lower back....butterfly and flowers. I got in when my husband was away in Iraq. He thinks I'm nuts!
    Joanna

6. icecube88

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    I failed it 3 times..LMAO!!! They tell to wait 6 months to take it again...Don't think so...LOL... :lol: But it's all good... :bounce:

7. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1. Name(s), - Mitchell
    2. age range – 45
    3. were are you from - Texas
    4. married/ single/ dating. (how long) – Divorced- twice
    5. How many times to TTR? This will be number 2
    6. Favorite part of TTR? the vibe
    7. any other traveling you do? Mexico while vacationing & Middle East while working.
    8. any hobbies? SCUBA diving,fishing,motorcycles & bar hopping.
    9. what do you do for a living? (love it or it pays the bills and for TTR) Dept. of Defense contractor-Water Purificaton, love it! I get to work with some of the best men & women in the world! HOOWAH ! !
    10. kids? how many? ages? none
    11. favorite television shows? CNN
    12. most recent movie and how was it? I don’t remember
    13. what are you doing tonight? working & surfing the internet
    14. favorite food? Cajun\Creole
    15. favorite drink? Jack & Coke, Budweiser
    16. something you lust for but dont want to spend the money on? new bike
    17. make up a question of your own and everyone has to answer it (so each person posting there should be one more question to answer than the previous!) What is your favorite attribute? The ability to accept people for who they are.

8. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow! I go to work (and actually WORK my butt off for two days!) and you all fill this post up! Thanks! It is great learning a bit more about all of you! :D

Mitchell thank you for serving our country! Do you purify water for the troops? Or what exactly do you do?

Ice, I actually tried (well at least had my profile on them) many sites for actually a long time. It was very frustrating. I was begining to think that all the men out there were big dill weeds or freakin nuts. Seriously. I hadnt even been on a date until I met G. Every guy who contacted me would want to IM and would be asking me to talk dirty, or 21 year olds with a Mommy complex, or would want to "vistit" me without even bothering to pretend they would take me out first. You know the whole freaking gammet. Seriously I didnt think I would ever meet ANYONE let alone hope to meet one on the net. I had one date set up to meet for coffee. I sat there, and sat there. Finally ordered a coffee for myself (luckily it was at B&N so I grabbed a book and enjoyed a little free time from the kids) but he never showed, never called. So a WEEK later he emails me. I had a car accident. Whatever. I dont care. I deserve better. The next week G asked me out for a drink. Sure (no real hopes as the first one asking me on a date actually ditched my ass!). Get there. He is late, but he did call. He was new to town and didnt quite know what exit to take. He passed the place. He shows up. HMMM nice smile (and eyes!). We talk and talk. Oops first drink gone. better get another. talk, talk talk. Second drink gone. Better get another. I went to the restroom. Came back took a sip and immediatly felt sick to my stomach. The drink tasted fine but I started to panic. Crap this guy is a dick too! I asked him if he laced my drink! LOL! :shock: He ordered us an appetizer to soak up some of the liquor as he was sure that was my problem (tho I had at that point never been so drunk that I have been sick). I was so worried that he had slipped me a drug while I was in the restroom but he was SO sweet and concerned about me that I couldnt help but believe it was just nerves (or the fact that sometimes I just get sick to my stomach). He still jokes sometimes about how I almost threw up on him on our first date. I am not sure how we ever did get to a second after that performance!

I guess what I am trying to say...is keep your head up! You will find someone. I liked that Plenty of fish because it was free. At least I wasnt wasting my money if I didnt meet anyone. But they dont get a ton of new "meat" :lol: on there as it is smaller. If I can find someone with all my issues you can too. :)

9. logic7

logic7 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    1. Name - George
    2. age range 36
    3. were are you from Phoenix, AZ - Originally from Mid and S.E. Michigan
    4. married/ single/ dating. (how long) Married 7 years (to azlatina)
    5. How many times to TTR? Twice
    6. Favorite part of TTR or if havent went yet what are you most looking forward too. We've missed the "Anything Goes" night both times we went, so I would say that's what I'm looking forward to. My favorites have to be the Lingere Contest and the Beer Drinking contest
    7. any other traveling you do? if so where is your favorite other spot? Random road trips to Yuma, AZ and Los Angeles
    8. any hobbies? I DJ, musician of sorts, freehand drawing
    9. what do you do for a living? (love it or it pays the bills and for TTR!) Systems/Software/Test Engineer in Defense
    10. kids? how many? ages? bonus points for photos! 4 kids, 4, 5, 9, and 14.
    11. favorite television shows House, The Game, Justice League/JLU, Spongebob (remember, I have kids), Jimmy Neutron
    12. most recent movie and how was it?
    13. what are you doing tonight?
    14. favorite food? 3-way tie: Chicken Shawarma, Shish Kafta, and Detroit style Coney Dogs.
    15. favorite drink? Jack Daniels or George Dickel, straight
    16. something you lust for but dont want to spend the money on? Mazda RX7 w/Veilside Fortuna conversion (i.e. The orange and black car in Tokyo Drift), Acura NSX, or Lotus Esprit SE
    17. make up a question of your own and everyone has to answer it (so each person posting there should be one more question to answer than the previous!)

10. infidel

infidel Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Angieaby, I'm currently purifying water for the military & civilians on FOB Warrior just outside of Kirkuk.I have done some work in municipal waterplants in & around Baghdad in '05 & '06 but much rather stay "inside the wire".

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice