Let it roll

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by tts1965, Dec 28, 2008.

1. tts1965

tts1965 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How often do people go to Cancun/area and dont have reservations.
    I and my wife just want to wonder around the area and other islands without having to worry about returning to one spot.
    How risky is it to find a place to stay in, we arent looking for the Ritz just a room. Are there many cheap rooms in the area. We have done the same thing in Europe and Asia and find it is alot more exciting.
    Thanks Ahead

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When you enter Mexico the Immigration agent usually asks you where you are staying. According to an Immigration agent I know about 1 in 20 people who fly into Cancun do not have firm accommodations when they land.

It's not unusual or weird or dangerous to show up without reservations. But if you get here and every place is full you will have a problem. You might want to make a reservation for the first night or two and then go off on your adventure after that.

You might also want a car for this adventure so you can easily shop for hotels once you are here.

3. Laura Mapchick

Laura Mapchick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is how Perry and I always traveled before we had kids, it really depends on the time of year, you should have some kind of a plan, and maybe a reservation the first night if you are arriving late. As long as you aren't particular it is doable.
    When Perry goes down by himself to work on maps he never has a reservation.
    Travel light in case you have to walk around alot to find a room.

4. tts1965

tts1965 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are from Iowa and we live up to our motto Idiots out wondering around. LOL
    We will make reservations close to the airport for the first night and then we will hit the road.
    We usally only take a large back pack that will be only carry on, less hassle and easy to move with, and yes we have been known on occasion to sleep on the beach.
    How much hassle is it to rent a scooter or cycle?

Thanks Ahead

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice