Leaving Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by johndish, Dec 17, 2006.

1. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Due to change in work circumstances my family and I will soon be leaving Cancun. It will be a big change for me to return to the u.s. after four years here and of course a bigger challenge for Yolanda to live in a new country.

I would like to thank all my friends on the board and of course we will continue to remain friends through life.... For those that I never actually met I have enjoyed reading your posts over the years...

This is a good opportunity for our family and we expect to be gone within a month or so...

That being said we will be letting some things go if anyone is interested...

1. Stove a bosch 6 burner gas stove only one year old
    2. Dining room table one proper u.s. table and one rustic table along with chairs
    3. Various baby clothes and toys

Additionally we have a live in maid whom we adore.. Of course we can not take her with us but, for those of you with good hearts and respect we would be happy to set up an interview..

Kind regards,

John

2. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not cool John. I expected you to grow a long white beer while still in Cancun.I always read your posts with interest. But I understand some times we are forced to make radical changes in our lives. I for once am still gathering the nerve to move down there. If I remember well, you are from the Midwest. I wish you the best luck and hope you do ok back home.

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    John - We are going to miss you, you dirty rat fink! Enjoy the land of _good_ garage sales and Target and a working postal system!

We'll be here, whimper, kvetching about potholes and the trials of getting your FM3.

We'll miss you, but now that we've got Starbuck's I'm sure we'll survive!

Good luck, keep in touch and make sure you've got a guest room, we'll be using it!

4. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wishing you all the best on your new adventure!

And good luck especially to your wife as she learns about the weird ways of the US.

5. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    Wow we meet you one weekend and then your GONE!!! - was it something we said?
    What a shame you seemed such a nice bloke.
    We wish you well in your new adventure.
    Tracey & Ged Kennedy

6. johndish

johndish Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Martin,

I really enjoyed your messages on Cancun assist. For some reason we seem to have much more restraint on this board... You should search Stevecoker on Cancun assist and see some of the ludicrous things I used to post...

Tracey, I am a nice bloke. My company eliminated the "ex pat" status worldwide and the best option or the only option was to return...

Kim, yes target rocks.... The u.s. post service although hated in the u.s. works so well..... I look forward to the circulars each sunday..

I won't miss the guys with the red flags at all but, will miss so manythings i can't even begin to post most importantly all the friends we have made here and my girls school...

for anyone contemplating a school 100% english in Alamos can't be beat. The class sizes are small. The teachers awesome and they teach from the heart..

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow!! What a shocker. Hope to see you before you leave. I wish you and the family all of the best!!

8. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My dearest Steve. I will certainly miss you and your antics. I miss the good ol days when you lived in china. I miss all the problems you had in your new place. I miss that crazy night in Kentucky Fried Chicken. I miss your quick wit on cancunassist.

I know we haven't seen eachother a lot lately but it was nice to know you were still in reach. Close enough for me to strangle you if I needed to.

Now what will I do?

I guess I'll avoid cows now. Because you KNOW they are drinking the water here. Maybe even lagoon water. :shock:

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    Sorry to hear that John, although I knew a couple of weeks ago.

I'll miss the boys chats, Jannet will miss the girly nights out with your wife and Dani will miss her little playmate Camilla.

Hopefully, we'll get to see you all again before you go.... sounds like an excuse for a party if you ask me!

10. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good Luck to you and your family :!: :!:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice