Le Meridien ***** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Le Meridien

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Le Meridien here.

Located at Km14 it is a short journey by bus to the party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 30 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

Travel Center

2. MYTVLZ

MYTVLZ Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TA

Someone over on TA just returned from this hotel and it looks like they have all 3 pools open now and beach access is restored. From the report the hotel appears to be almost 100%.

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes Le Meridein is almost 100% complete as in old times and with better sevice.

4. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Le Meridien - Good Hotel, Bad Neighbor

This may change as the dredges get closer, but to those of us who live near the Meridien, they have been a very poor neighbor. Almost as soon as the recovery began, they roped off a major portion of the remaining beach in front of the hotel and put up No Trespassing signs, planted trees, palapas, tables, etc. and coopted all access to what remained of Playa Ballenas. They've even gone so far as to repeatedly remove the Beach Access sign on Retorno del Rey and have exerted pressure on the owner of the little taco and fish stand located there to tear down his little shack and leave.

I don't know who owns the large vacant field next to the Meridien, but what used to be public parking for Playa Ballenas has been fenced off and the familiar No Trespassing signs are up there as well. Hopefully the beach restoration will put enough sand on Ballenas so that it will be able to accomodate the public again. I'm not going to debate the fine points of how much sand belongs to a hotel, but I was led to believe that the public can't be barred from a beach. I wonder what happened here? I also know that I will discourage anyone who asks from reserving at Le Meridien.

5. bsdstone

bsdstone Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    European Style Sunbathing

Does anyone know if Le Meridien allows Topless or "european style" sunbathing?
    Or their beach?

6. cthcmindia

cthcmindia Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hotel Management And Hospitality Programs from UK in India]

CTHCM is Confideration of Tourism, Hotel and Catering Management From UK is one of the highly
    recongised educational Bodies in UK that is recognised globally. CTHCM through its assocaite
    Gold standard Hospitality and management Sloutions Pvt Ltd is offering hotel management and
    tourism Programs in India. We are interested to tie up with edcuation providers all over India
    locally to deliver the programs to their students in the Community.
    More details can be obtained from www.cthcmindia.com

7. spalthof

spalthof Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Le Meridien on the Travel Channel

We caught a program on the Travel Channel last night called "Top Ten Mexican Beach Resorts." Lo and behold, the #2 resort was Le Meridien. There was a 3 or 4 minute segment on the resort and spa.

The program airs again Jan 11, 2008 6:00 pm if you're interested. I know it got my wife a little more excited for our trip coming up March 5-10.

http://travel.discovery.com/tv-schedules/special.html?paid=26.14993.82064.0.0

--Tom

8. GCPSgirl

GCPSgirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    spalthof,

Thats a good program, and one that is at least 5 years old now I believe. I wish the travel channel would update it, instead of re-running it year after year.

The flamingo was in the top ten as well. Yea, right.

Le Meridien isn't one of the top one's in Cancun in my opinion, but it is a very nice resort. On a great stretch of beach, wonderful pools, and usually good service.

9. GoCancun

GoCancun Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Topless sunbathing is generally frowned upon in most places in mexico.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice