Laws for Americans attempting to buy or rent in Cancun Hotel Zone. (Ocean front/view)

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by fonze, Oct 18, 2012.

1. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    When I first started my trust I looked into this and the only reason I could not start the corporation was due to having a Mexican National on the board or as part of the corporation. Since I did not know anyone to trust at that time as a Mexican National, I could not start the corporation. But overall the paperwork for the taxes is simple and is far cheaper to operate then to pay the bank every year for the trust fee. But note if you arlready have the trust and want to transfer to a corp. expect to go through a complete closing including all the fees which make it not much of a good deal no matter what.

2. Kathleen-MD

Kathleen-MD Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have a house in Cancun and Yes I do have to buy a Bank note but go through a notary (its a real estate lawyer in Mexico) and they will help you. Never had any problem I have the house since 2007, in fact I am selling it. Its not up for sale as yet but I am going to go in January to put it up for sale. Its on the water, 3400 Sq ft and a good price. If you want to have pictures you can email.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

I am trying to think of an analogy here. Best I can come up with is if you are in an accident that breaks both legs. One is really bad with permanent damage, causing a lifetime of pain. The other one heals nicely with very little ongoing pain.

You still have to live with a lifetime of pain.

:aktion051:

4. fonze

fonze Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wanted to thank everyone for their input and I look forward to pursuing my goal of having a casa in Cancun. Apologies it took me so long to thank everyone, I have been super busy lately!:aktion061:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice