Latest Trip Advisor Reviews

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Nov 10, 2013.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yeah the last one was quite negative. I'll post them all though good or bad.

Didn't like the way he called the maintenance staff 'lackeys', suggests he had a preconceived negative view before any problems arose.

2. somebeachsomewhere

somebeachsomewhere Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +204 / 0
    Great Pics & Reviews......let's start the craziness lol

The reviews seem to be quite good overall........and the pics look great. Like Steve and the others say it will take a bit to fully convert the clientelle over to the new atmosphere.....but it's coming. We say let's do it.......we're ready to try a change but we want some crazy fun too lol. There's plenty of CancunCare'ers waiting and thinking the same. Anyone up for promoting Mar 1st as the official first week of "craziness".......round up a posse and let's do it together.......then we know there'll be some craziness lol. Just a thought......but we're in if others are??

3. Ready2party

Ready2party Original H&H Gangsta's Registered Member

Ratings:
    +771 / 0
    We would be in but we already booked the week before...Feb 22-Mar 1.

4. greeneyedblonde

greeneyedblonde Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Steve, we were there last June and tried the hamburgers at Wimpy's, can you tell me if the ones you had were "beef" burgers? The ones we had were actually made with "ham" and they were terrible, but that is what they called a hamburger. Just wondering if they have improved on those....if not, we want to request real BEEF hamburgers!

5. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I am not a fan of Wimpy's at GOV. Have never eaten there. I looked at the food and the equipment it was cooked with, and decided I wanted to eat somewhere else.

I did put my comments forward at meetings I have had. At least have some fries, somewhere!

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Just to add, I havent been keeping this thread updated mainly because the reports on Trip Advisor are far too numerous and often by people who had done no prior research about the hotel and had no idea what they were booking.

Trip Advisor reports (for any hotel) are more about a place to vent complaints than about genuine assessments from people with prior experience of vacations in Cancun.

The Trip reports posted here are far more informed, and from people who are able to compare one experience with another.

7. krimmer2

krimmer2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Just read a few tripadvisor reviews that made me howl laughing! One from someone from buffalo who seems to have never seen tits before and can't understand why us brits dont want white ones! Also one from Illinois that reads like that classic fawlty towers episode where the woman complains about the view from her hotel window,maybe someone can find a youtube clip?
    Seriously what do u expect the view to be....wimpy sea and wimpy waves? Maybe he should move to somewhere with bigger waves or preferably in them.:daveandmo:

8. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    After years (decades) on other travel forums, I am convinced most of the TA reviews are written by people who have never been anywhere near the resort they claimed to have stayed at.
    Some people just get a "thrill" from knowing that other folks are actually reading
    and maybe even listening to their rants. Of course, they are also the "paid" promoters and Demoters (detractors). Cancuncare is a different story!! (thank goodness).

9. krimmer2

krimmer2 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    [ame=http://youtu.be/tcliR8kAbzc]A room with a view - Fawlty Towers - BBC - YouTube

finally got pc back....heres the clip...:popcorn:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice