Latest Trip Advisor reviews are terrible!

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Nebtrvlr, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Buffett

Buffett Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A bunch of us will be there there around thanksgiving. We arrive on the 29 thru the 7th. come on down.

2. Will709

Will709 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just got back last night. (Oct. 4th to 12th)
    Met many great folks that have been there many times.
    Staff is the BEST. Food, entertainment, location are all great. None of what I saw in the BAD reviews before we left was evident.
    We will be back next October, if not before.

3. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Will, Thanks for the news !! Now we are really sad of what we are missing out on. LOL !!! No just kidding. My wife tried on that little Corona string bikini I bought for her and she really looked GOOD !!! REAL GOOD !!!
    We always go to my familys huge Thanksgiving Day Dinner, but Delta has a flight that leaves Cancun at 7 Am that should have us at the dinner table by 1 PM. Still in the planning stages. She's a school teacher, so we don't have much flexibility.

4. Lv2stamp

Lv2stamp Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We love the Golden!!!
    Hope you can find a time to go and I hope your baby is going to be okay...one animal lover to another :)

We will be there nov 27th thru dec 7th....42 more days!!!!!

5. Erincali

Erincali Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +216 / 0
    We were there in Sep. no complaints, even because premier members!

6. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Got Precious back today!! Also got the $900 refund from GP, via Expedia. Vet bill was $1300, combined with the $500 from the insurance, its going to be a wash. Now we will have to see if her kidneys "kick in" and she recovers. She still seems kinda of "out of it" right now.

7. Ali & Andrew

Ali & Andrew I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 1
    I've often noticed a string of bad reviews for many resorts after a period of inclement weather. I think a couple of factors are at play here.

Firstly I think most resorts are ill equipped to handle wet weather, and this happens in most Caribbean countries, I'm not picking on Mexico. Wet weather just isn't something they can plan for as it happens so infrequently it's hard to justify the expense. This means that people have a less enjoyable time.

Secondly I think when the weather is bad people start nit-picking everything. Plus they may see one bad review and it promotes them to write there own. Perhaps it's the "sheeple" factor coming into play where people tend to follow a trend for a while.

Ali and I have traveled to the Caribbean over a dozen times in the last 10 years or so and no matter where we go there's always a dampness and odour that we've come to associate with the moist climate. I don't think it's mold, just dampness. Also, no matter where we've traveled, walking on wet tiles becomes treacherous, heck even getting out of the shower onto a polished tile floor can be a challenge if you forget to put a mat or towel down.

I must admit it's hard to judge any resort on trip adviser. Even if the majority are wonderful I always seem to dwell on the bad ones as obviously these people had a miserable experience regarless of the fact it was out of the norm.

8. iowa farmers

iowa farmers Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +995 / 10
    gp seems to be $700 /night thru orbitz which we usually use to book temptations and flights to cancun. Why so high ?

9. cancuncouple

cancuncouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0
    We were there in May, 3rd time. Our room was very clean. Food is pretty good for AI. I don't like AI's but GP is one that we do go back to. This April will be our 4th time there. Sometimes you cannot make some people happy. The high end 5star resorts also get bad reviews.

10. clandos

clandos Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we are going on january 05 but no to Temptation but we would like to meet a nice open mind couples!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice