Laptop

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by rotton17, Mar 25, 2009.

1. rotton17

rotton17 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just packing my bags for March 26-30 stay at Temptation. Is there wireless internet at the hotel. If so is it just in the lobby?
    Thanks

2. Steve and Kim in Ohio

Steve and Kim in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes it is available for a daily fee, not sure of cost as being a Premier member it is free..I have seen before the cost but found it expensive..try the search function at the top of page and you will proably find out unless someone else knows the $

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I'd avoid taking the laptop if you don't have to have it. Just isn't worth getting it stolen.

Nick and Renee

4. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    It's $15/day for non-members, so it is pretty steep. If you only want to check your e-mail, then I'd suggest using the computer in the lobby at $5 for 30 minutes.

nmarcks, did you have yours stolen? We brought ours last two trips...left it in the desk drawer (it didn't fit in the safe) and never had a problem...and we were on the ground floor both times. That sucks if yours was stolen :(

5. rotton17

rotton17 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Not a big fan of lobby computers
    $15 must be for 24 hours so I can get 2 days out of it.
    Crossing the border to Buffalo airport for noon Temptation by 7
    Can not wait
    Thanks for all the help

6. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've taken mine on our last several trips and never any problems. This time, I have a new one, with a built in web cam and I bought my mom a web cam for christmas, so I won't have to call home at all. I will be able to talk to her and both my kids via the web cam. Sure will save a small fortune on phone calls.

7. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Never had anything stolen from are room.

But every now and then things pop up on here of guest missing things from there room. Also I've heard more the my fair share of stories while staying at the resort.

I've brought my laptop down once. Used it like twice the whole trip for about 10 minutes total. Just wasn't worth carrying what basically is another piece of luggage around. I just hit the lobby up once or twice while I'm there. That is why I say if you don't have to have it. It's easier to just go down to the lobby then lug a laptop down there with you and then have a chance of it going missing.

Nick and Renee

8. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I bought one of those new netbooks. It weighs 2.2 pounds. Shouldn't be too bad lugging it around. I know the regular laptop I have was a pain lugging.

9. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Bev...do you like that little guy? I was thinking about getting one of those at some point. Is there a camera card reader on it? My main use would be to upload my photos on vacation.

Also G brought his laptops (yes that is more than one! LOL!) on the trip and only his work one fit in the safe and we never had a problem. I left my camera and iPod out all the time too. Sure it does happen sometimes but I think overall it is as safe as any other hotel.

10. Sheandme

Sheandme Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to back up what people say, I left a pair of sunglasses (good ones I use on my bike) on a table, could not find them, looked all over where I thought I had been, finally tried conignere, she looked and they had been turned in by an employee!! We also left some other stuff out in our room and it was not touched!! IMO, very trustworthy people.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice