Lalo and Omar no more!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Sep 4, 2008.

1. WeeDave and LisaNI

WeeDave and LisaNI Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Now for my two cents worth,

This is our fourth trip to TTR, and hell yeh the entertainment make the holiday fantastic, I will miss Chino's, Omar and Lalo greatly, but what me worries is that people may not give the new entrainment staff a chance, certainly they are not the same people. All I would ask is that everybody gives the new one's a chance.

I also agree in what Steve's say's between having this board and the persona that TTR has there should be no reason why TTR should change that much. Fingers crossed.

The personalities and the type of people that go to TTR make it as well and since so many of us all go at the same time then we will just have to keep the parting going.

:lol:

And as someone once said to me "there are three side's to every story, his side, her side and the truth" -

See you all soon

Me and Him

2. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Hey all,

Just got back from TTR last night. We still had a terrific time even though it took me a couple of days to come out of my shell...always does for some reason...perhaps the prudish persona I must have in my "real" life for so much of the year...LOL.

I totally agree with WeeDave and LisaNI. Please give the new staff a chance. We were there within their first couple of days and they were a bit quiet to begin with, but we managed to warp them just a bit...they did come out of their shell a bit after that :p

Mario was leading the show for the most part while we were there, but Charlie was slowly taking over and "Happy" & "Joy" (the two new girls who were renamed by Mario because their names are so "f&*ked up!!!) were quite friendly and starting to lose their inhibitions a bit :lol:

I also agree with Steve...this site is what helped us meet so many wonderful people, more so than the entertainment staff.

I would like to add, though, that when we filled out the comment card, we specifically mentioned that we miss Chinos, Lalo & Omar...not that we think our opinion will make one iota of difference to the powers-that-be, but we still "voiced" our opinion in whatever small way we could!

I'm gonna stop now, otherwise this is going to turn into my trip report!!!

Cheers,
    Janice

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I'm sure everyone will give the new staff a chance, we always do.

But the problem is through out the years anytime someone new comes in it doesn't seem to last very long. I know some just do it for six months as more of a life experience. But they have brought in people with the intention of long term and it just hasn't worked out. Usually there great people but its hard to become friends or look forward to seeing them next trip as very few of them last much more then a few months to six months or so. That was a big part of the staff that is gone now. You knew they where going to be there everytime, trip after trip. I just laugh thinking about Chinos. I know no matter when I go to Temptations Chino's and the rest of the staff I've come to know is going to make me laugh my ass off everyday.

I'm still in shock about alot of this stuff. The staff was just such an attraction to the resort. It's like Mc Donalds stop serving there french fries and switching them out with a different kind of fry. Maybe it will be as good but chances are it isn't for many. I guess I'm more in shock because as a business owner to make a drastic change in what I'd call a staple of your business is a risk I won't be willing to take(unless my hand was forced) and I think most business owners would feel the same.

I guess in the grand schemes of things at Orginal Resorts the activity staff of the hotels are pretty low on the list of importance. I say this because if there was one thing that you'd say is as important or more important then Temptations resort itself for a reason to go back time after time I got to believe the activity staff would win by a landslide. Lets be honest here it isn't the food, the beach, the pool, the drinks, and so on. Its the activity staff and great people that frequent the resort (many are repeaters). For many of those great people the main thing they looked forward to has been change. You can't read a trip report without the mention of the activity staff. They set the tone of the atomshpere. You can't tell me the atomshpere is the same this week as it was six weeks ago. Newbies aren't going to realize this but I'm sure a repeater will. So then the question needs to be asked............Are you going to go back if the atomsphere of Temptations just isn't anything like it use to be??

Nick and Renee

4. massi2403

massi2403 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We're only a one-time visitor to TTR so nowhere near as qualified to comment as the majority of the posters to this thread....

However... it wont shock anyone to know that one of the things that we noticed as soon as we wandered through the sliding doors (slightly nervously!) was the relaxed, laid back, friendly atmosphere. Whilst I'm sure the activities staff are responsible to a large degree for this, I think all the members of staff contribute to making the resort what it is, to a greater or lesser degree.

I wonder how they feel about the apparent removal of three of their colleagues, the effect this might have on staff morale, and the knock-on effect this might have on the atmosphere that makes this resort *so* different to any other that we've ever visited?

Hope that I'm wrong, and still very much looking forward to going back in March 09, so guess will see then!

5. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Does anyone have pics posted of all 3 of them. We were only there once and I can't remember who was who i know they were all there but i have trouble putting the right names and faces together.

6. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chinos = Tattoos and piercings
    Omar = Buff, hates to loose a volleyball game
    Lalo = fruit loops

7. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    ive got some pics of all three of them with t

but steve wont allow me to post those here :cool:

rob and tonyass

8. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hola, do a search for bluebay getaway or temptions you will find some pics somewhere. Terry

9. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0

Jan,

I completely agree....we also included similar comments our our survey card, hopefully lots of people will.

We truly had a blast with you and Scott, we have to do it again!! I think I might have a picture or two of you "coming out of your shell"

lol

10. berzerkley

berzerkley Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Weeeeelllllllllllllllll Crap,
    I've had my usual post-cancun trip gone underground stint, only to surface and find this news. Not happy to hear this at all.
    Great guys, they were. Having Chinos there was like meeting up with an old buddy from college - he's always super cool to me.
    Not to say future staff can't be just as inviting and fun, but that may be hard to top. I'm thinking about a mid-November return, so I'll get to see for myself if things work out with the job schedule.
    Peace.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice