Lalo and Omar no more!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Sep 4, 2008.

1. tonyrukuz

tonyrukuz Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    this realy sucks, i been working hard at convincing my girlfriend to return for our third trip to bbg!!! without these guys there, i have no leg to stand on... looks like i can give up nagging her!!! all i kept telling her is dont you want to see lalo omar and chinos.. and she did!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2. Flaca

Flaca Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    That totally bites eh? We wish you guys were coming this year!

D

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    I agree that it's the people you meet that makes it great but the entertainment staff are the ones that make that meeting happen. We've all been to other hotels where there are probably just as great people sitting around you but without the catalyst to get you all talking to each other, you go home not knowing them at all. That's where this crew, this atmosphere was so different. Now lots have come and gone but Chinos trained the new ones. He beat the stuffing out of them when they came on board. Lord knows I could never "work" for Chinos but I love him to death.

There are lots of adults only, all inclusive hotels in Cancun. But none like BBV/BBG/Temptations and none with the Repeater numbers, and none with a independent Board/Forum dedicated to them. I really hope that Management continues to see this hotel as unique and special rather than turn it into just another one in the pack. Re-building it's special place in the industry will take years if it's even possible.

I don't know where they are going. I hope not far from where they are now. As has been said many times, it's their business to do what they want just as it's my vacation dollars to spend as I see fit. God I hope I don't have to go looking for another place to spend two weeks every year but I already have my quite vacation every other year in the Bahamas and not sure I want to spend two weeks with a "Take it off! Take it off!" type of crowd.

This resort has always bee a college frat party for adults, I'm not sure I want college spring break instead.

We shall see what happens.....

Jamie

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I'd have to disagree on this one. Sure the past ents staff did a great job of getting people to mingle and enjoy the atmosphere but as for "making that meeting happen" people are not going to stop talking to each other and go sit in corners just because the Ents staff changes.

Nor are people going to stop researching their trip, finding this forum, chatting with and meeting up with other people either.... which actually does "make that meeting happen" as most will already know.

5. Kimber

Kimber Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just wanted to clear up a few rumors (now that Chinos has given me the ok). Chinos has left TTR with no offer to return - now I say that because they seem to be leading people to believe that he will be back. Never say never, but as it stands right now, he will not. He is gone to work at Desire reosrt for an indefinite period of time. I have posted a letter from him upon his request.

6. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

7. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Just found out about this and I am very upset, it's not just the ent staff but about 80 percent of every body that works there that makes the place great. And I have to disagree with you Steve I think the ent staff makes people more relaxed and more opened, along with the drinks of course. Why, when you go to the 5 stars, people are not friendly, dont they have a bar? So what is the difference? Terry

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Although the meetings at the hotel won't stop, you have to admit that it will put a damper on them if the entertainment staff becomes like all those other hotels. People will talk to each other but not as much as today. And yes this board will help people meet each other before they go and have a great time when they got there.. that is a subset of the total population, until reunion times of course.

Like I said, it's not going to stop but some people are going to be less likely to come out of their shells as they used to be. Only time will tell. Who knows, they may become just as good as the old crew at that task.

Jamie

9. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I hate to say this but only the younger crowds ever read the boards I, would say only 50 percent of the people over 30 , which
    I am well over, read them. It is a shame because I believe it is a voice out there that is not heard.We are all about 30 at heart. Terry

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Must admit I feel it's the opposite :)

There aren't that many people below 30 on the board. I'm pretty sure say the biggest age group on here is mid thirties to mid forties. We are just a small minority of TTR guests though, on a good week there might be 30-40 people at TTR who know of this site out of maybe 4-500 people.

I will agree though that the forum is a voice that is not heard or at least it's not acknowledged as being heard. I know that a few years ago feedback from here was often mentioned in senior meetings, but I dont think that has been the case for a long time.

When you read statements from senior staff such as:
    "We are doing adjustments based on the last 6 months surveys and feedback from the majority of our guest and bussines partners" it seems crazy they'd rely more on comment cards than feedback from by far the largest online gathering of their multiple repeat customers.

It goes without saying, I don't believe a word of it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice