Lalo and Omar no more!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Princess BlueBay

Princess BlueBay Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW!!! This comes as a drastic change that the resort has decided to make.
    I thought everyone in the entertainment staff was wonderful. My family and I really had the chance to bond with them during my first trip in December of 2005 shortly after the hurricane.
    I will MISS EVERYONE quite a lot, if I decide to go back.
    Was just there in July and everything seemed ok :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

2. RoynSandy

RoynSandy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Staff

We agree with all these posts. When describing the resort the 1st thing we ALWAYS said was.. you'll love the staff.We are booked for the end of Oct,we have no choice but to look at the glass as half full rather than half empty.We will go with an open mind towards the new staff trying to live up to the awsome crew they are trying to replace.We are sure there will be plenty of feedback on here so we should have a pretty good idea what the new staff is like.Holding out hope this changes somehow,we really felt Chino was the ring leader of the TTR circus and he will be missed more than anyone.

3. 1smokey

1smokey Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Disappointed

If anyone can find out which “direction” the resort is trying to go, let me know. A major reason we “purchased” was the good mix of the entertainment staff and the guests. We also have a package with “Palace Resorts” but we stayed at each resort for different reasons.

Disappointed,

Cal

4. candigirlfreak

candigirlfreak Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    this really sucks the reason im a reapt offender is because of chinos lalo and omar.

5. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    According to another long time guest who got info. from the inside was this had to do with the activity staff (mainly Lalo, Chinos, and Omar) really dropping the ball big time with a very important person to the owner. No more details then that at this time. Seems like Chinos is very lucky to still have a job. So at this time really no one knows the whole story.

Seems like some quick long term decessions where made maybe in the heat of the moment. But who really knows until the whole story comes out. Maybe the actions deserve the end result but knowing each of them and how long they've been doing the job I highly doubt there a 100% to blame in all this. Seems to me someone important wasn't quite being made to feel like a King of Kings and made sure the owner got an earful about it.

Nick and Renee

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    This does suck..I finally found a resort that i can have adult fun and meet great people. And now they decided to change... :( I'm not sure what direction they are going, but from what i have been reading. We as guest have little or no say in that direction. It has already been set. I will continue my plans for my May09 return. And we'll see what happens... :shock:

7. lovejulio

lovejulio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How about Jose, is he there???? :huh:

8. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    jose is still there :)

.......as of last week anyway

9. KenNJoyce

KenNJoyce I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Might as well give our 2 pesos. We fully agree that they were the heart and soul of TTR. Hopefully some truth will come out as to why they were officially let go- and hopeully it won't be to due lack of brown-nosing. Joyce and I are not exactly young (52 & 49) nor HWP, but Chinos and Lalo definitely made us feel "at home" and got us involved in games that we weren't planning to. Great memories of both of us dancing in the cages in the old Nice Shoes bar, being on stage for a Halloween contest (and Joyce dancing with Lalo and winning), beating out 2 other younger couples in a baby bottle contest, etc, etc... We have booked a trip for April 09 and hope to have as much fun as in the past - hopefully by then "the new direction" will be defined as well as the "new" entertainment staff.
    Ken and Joyce

10. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    again agree with everyone that we love chinos, lalo, and omar that is a given

but - like bill and chris said in another post

.........its the people we meet that have made it what it is for us - here ya bill and chris - and may t and i add - the entertainment staff has been the icing on the cake

we will miss them all dearly -

...............but we are not about to throw the baby out with the bath water - met far too many great people there :wink:

and so looking forward to meeting more

rob and tonyass

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice