Lalo and Omar no more!

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by miked, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Nurse Jackie

Nurse Jackie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have to Agree with you I have been going since 1998 & there has been many coming & going but as you said only a SELECT FEW actually had what it takes.....
    a few years ago when Lalo was gone & Chino was in Hawaii It was not even Close to being the same!!

2. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Maybe the person (I know) who said "the last changes to our new name and concept" should be the one to take a fall also. After all it is his responsability to make sure the people under him are successful. There has been many more failures over the last few years then successful members added to the staff.

I don't buy for one second that comment cards are the reason. You look at any negative trip report and 9 out of 10 them have no problem with the activity staff. Its the rest of resort they have an issue with. Sounds to me this has more to do with a power struggle behind the scenes at Temptations.

Nick and Renee

3. SheikYerboottie

SheikYerboottie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    This is just unbelievable. All those guys were REALLY good at what they did, espcially the one and only Chinos-I was also disappointed when Alejandra departed!!. I'll have to admit that this will affect my choice on booking this resort in the future. One of my favorite resorts in Puerto Vallarta, the Golden Crown Paradise, used to have a really good activites staff, but has really gotten terrible over the last few years. The new staff has some big "Nice Shoes" to fill!!!! :roll:

4. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    We spoke with Mario yesterday and he confirmed that Chinos is at Desire for the NEXT 3 MONTHS...apparently they really need help there, but the way things are going here, they're going to need help here before too long. Charlie is okay, but he knows he has big shoes to fill and you can tell he knows it...

When Mario told us Omar was gone along with Lalo, we definitely voiced our disappointment. Apparently, the resort is trying to put out a different image and the idiots-in-charge think getting rid of the people who keep us coming back is going to help...but I think that's the point...they're looking for fresh blood so they're turning this into a "fun, friendly" place to bring in a different type of guest...I guess they're trying to sell more timeshares :evil: Those of us who are already members or repeat offenders don't count :mad: :mad: :mad:

If there have been complaints about the staff from guests, I wanna know why these 'guests' bothered to join in the activities (or even hung out at the sexy pool) if they couldn't handle the heat...I mean, c'mon...if you don't enjoy a certain aspect, then get the hell out of Dodge!!!

We will continue to let the powers-that-be know how disappointed we are with the staff changes while we're here...and after we go home.

Janice

5. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    in our humble opinion we see these changes as part of the resorts overall long term objective of marketing to a new clientele and little if anything can be done about it on our end (old bbg fans) :(

we have a very hard time buying into any statements about misconduct on the part of any of these guys as they have been there for a number of years and all know the "game" remarkably well and they have a fan base managment cant argue about - :cool:

the crowd this time at temptations was considerably younger than in our previous trips there - and the changes the resort has made appears to be in line with our thinking that management is looking for a different type of client :roll:

we hope we are wrong and whomever they have to replace these great people can step up to the plate and hit a couple of grand slams or at the very least a couple of deep drives into the gaps :D

the best

rob and tonyass

6. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    I'm wondering what direction they are looking at. Maybe younger and more spring break type, but realistically those folks don't spend the $$ to go upscale. Wilder? More sedate? Very curious to see where the resort finally goes.

7. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    I hope that is not the direction they are going, I am 30 now, but I have been going to BBG/Temptations for 6 years, I purposely chose this resort back then because I didnt want to deal with the " Spring Break " atmosphere i.e too many young kids, drinking way to much.... However I didnt want a family resort that was quiet with elevator music. . SO BBG was a perfect place, with everything, including the people on here that go back year in and year out, Its sad enough that the staff is leaving, but all of us are what make Tempations Fun too, so if these changes affect wether or not a few people return, well then technically we are loosing a lot more cast members.....Just my opinion....I hope they figure it out and everyone keeps going back.

8. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I don't think there looking at going younger or trying to change there clientle much at all. If the sexyness of the games disappear then I'd say that is a sign of changes. Temptations seems to know there niche

I think there is some underlining issues with in that caused these changes. Anyone who has ever worked in a office knows what I'm talking about.

On the Chinos issues he has done this many times before. In fact he trained most of the staff at the other resorts. So not really uncommon for him to disappear for awhile. But three months is much longer then normal. Usually he was just gone a few weeks at a time. I'm sure he'll be back as he has been offered jobs in the past at the other resorts and always turned them down. Trust me Temptations knows Chinos is as much of the resort as the resort itself.

Also keep in mind many of the staff that has come and gone through out the years never signed up to be a full time activity staff members for years. Many just did it as a six month life experience and that was all there was to it.

Nick and Renee

9. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is such a huge disappointment. We are booked to go again at the end of October. We keep coming back for the atmosphere and the entertainment staff is huge part of the atmosphere.

Who is going to get pissed off when they are losing volley ball and keep the game going for way to long now?

10. marilyn&steve

marilyn&steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Chinos, Lalo, Omar, the whole gang define the "personality" of Temptation. Losing Enrique a few years ago really hurt. There are over 100 places to hang your hat in Cancun; the reason we keep going back is the activity staff and the overall atmosphere of the place, as well as 99% of the other guests are friendly, fun people. We went to the Moon Palace for a wedding 2 years ago. Nice, luxurious, upscale, but not the fun atmosphere like TTR. We're heading back to TTR in October for visit #6. Hoping to know at least some of the cast members and experience the same fun filled, crazy vacation.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice