Laguna Nichupte

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EspoOrr, Jan 16, 2015.

1. EspoOrr

EspoOrr Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK so been living here for 2 1/2 months now and enjoying the snorkeling..mostly. Best snorkel spot I've found so far (besides chartering a boat or paying for a tour to the reef) is Playa Perlas for the calm water. I know it's good by Club Med but good luck accessing the beach... However, i look enviously at the lagoons which i hear are croc infested and cannot be swum in. So I'd like to know if there is anywhere (an exact spot) in the several lagoons nearby where snorkeling would be safe.
    Thanks!

2. El Guero

El Guero Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I've been back in the states for about eight years now but I owned and operated a scuba school in Cancun (Trident Divers - Cancun) at the Caribbean Princess resort, worked for Aqua World and was a sales manager for a scuba equipment co. (Subaquatec).

At no time was it advisable to enter the lagoon as a swimmer, not so much because of the crocs but the lagoon has been the source water for the disease known as "flesh-eating" bacteria, (Necrotizing Fasciitis) and is considered contaminated.

I doubt seriously if anything has changed about the water in the past eight years.

3. EspoOrr

EspoOrr Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Good to know. Thanks!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice