La Trattoria - Great Place

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Nov 7, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Went there the other night and what a great place. On Nichupte at Plaza Nichupte. Great food and service. Not cheap but I can't wait to go back.

Got a free entree by using the "local" Entertainment Plus card. 3 people with a $300 wine (cheapest one on menu) and it was $975 plus tip.

I highly recommend this place. We ate outside and the traffic noise was barely noticable.

Yummy

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Glad to hear that TJ. I've been meaning to try that place. And I've been asking people if they've been there, but so far no one had.

Will definitely try it.

3. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kim,

We had many different things to eat and all were wonderful.

The $300 wine was the second cabernet on the wine list.

The waiter was bowing to us throughout the night.

Bon Appetit.

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Trattoria was the first restaurant Edgar an I ever ate at 20 years ago when it was behind The Church in the HZ. We went to the new one after they opened and I ordered a salad that had arrugula and it came out with no arrugula it cost over 100 pesos I thought that was alot for downtown . Edgar and I both agreed it was not worth what they were charging, especially since you can get an excellent meal at Alfredo Di Roma for the same price with much better service and food.

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Spin,

Where is this place you refer to? I am always looking to try good places downtown. That is why I have been to Iki 3 times in two weeks. Yummy. Those chicken wraps, Brahmas I believe they are called, are soooooo good.

On Trattoria, maybe they had some bugs to work out but we were a party of 3 and had 6 or 7 menu items, plus wine and possibly the best tiramisu I have ever had anywhere and every bite was wonderful. The only thing I possibly could have a negative comment about was that we first ordered drinks, and I had to see the wine list from which we ordered a bottle. The wine was served and only then did they bring us the menus. But that was the only thing about the food or the service that I could find fault with.

There were 3 or 4 parties inside and we were the only ones outside and the last to leave. They did nothing to annoy us to hurry us up, like turning off lights, etc.

I think I am going there again tomorrow night. Maybe I will try that salad and see if it comes with all of the proper ingredients. I hate it when a place changes or omits an ingredient and does not offer you the opportunity to change your item or accept parmesan instead of gorgonzola or something like that.

Ciao,
    T.J.

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Alfredo di Roma is in the ZH in El Presidente.

Glad to know that they've lowered their prices, as when they first opened, they had trouble keeping afloat because of the $$$$ for the food!

7. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes as M said Alfredo Di Roma is in the HZ and the prices are like those at the Trattoria.
    Glad that you like Iki :cool:

8. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Iki

Hey Spin,

My girlfriend went to bed early and I was a bit hungry. My "bestest" friends faded on me too. A Saturday night in Cancun and everyone wants to sleep.

So I went to Iki all by myself for a nice glass of wine, and a Brahma, which I soaked in the Soya/Habanero sauce. Yummy. Just what I needed.

Are you ever there? Would love to meet you guys some time. I go to Florida on Tuesday and will be back on the 22nd.

Ciao,
    T.J.

9. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi TJ
    I almost went on Sat. but we were at a party all day and I got lazy too. My Husband and Nephew were there though. I have not been in about 3 weeks just been busy with other things, I am sure I will be going come December with all the end of year toasts and get togethers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice