LA LUNA EXTENSION NOW OPEN

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by T.J., Aug 14, 2007.

1. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In case you guys don't get over to Kabah and La Luna, they have opened the new La Luna extension. If you are coming from Costco, you can make a right at the light at La Luna, and go past the new stadium. The new road ends at Xcaret and La Costa, where the police cars used to park.

This is a time saver to get away from the Kabah traffic at peak times. I am pretty sure it just opened on Saturday as I remember a bunch of orange traffic cones (now there is a new concept) until some time on Friday or Saturday.

Enjoy.

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Does it open on Xcaret or Coba because Coba seems like it's on the other side and not so much possible. Let me know, I haven't driven it but I'm trying to picture it.

3. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If its what I think he means it would go through were the Palenque used to be, it was not an existing road previously....creo.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Liz & Spin

I am sorry. I misspoke. The new pavement ends at Xcaret, not Coba, at the corner of La Costa. The new road construction pretty much wiped out the parking lot for the cop cars. It's not a long drive from one end to the other but anytime you can get away from Kabah is good.

I am not sure where Palenque used to be but from Kabah & La Luna it begins and runs beside the new football stadium and then curves to the left and come out at the light on Xcaret, across from Plaza Las Palmas.

Trust me - this is a good thing. Sorry for being so tonto and naming the street wrong. Hey, I think I will edit my original post and no one will know but us girls.

5. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That will certainly help to ease the gridlock at Kabah/QRoo!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That area needs all the help it can get (###### trafico). This new stretch of road has been on my Mapas Emprendador map for 3 years, so clearly it was planned but not paved...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice