La Destileria

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Mar 15, 2009.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had a quick question about La Destileria. We (my husband, myself and another couple) are coming to Cancun and wanted a nice restaurant to celebrate our anniversaries. I have read about this restaurant, and was wondering what your thoughts were on the food and the prices. I found their website to see what kind of food they have, but not sure if it is a very expensive restaurant or a range. any help would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

2. Vegas Melissa

Vegas Melissa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought it was OK... not spectacular but good. Definitely never thought the prices were out of line. Then again, I haven't been back in two years.

3. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Beware of the grande margarita's, because of those I cant help you. :partytime:

I just cant remember much after the doors closed behind us. Dont remember the prices either.

But I want to go back. LOL

4. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got as drunk there on Thursday, March 12. . .the FIRST night of our spring vacation. . .as I have ever been. It started with micheladas on the beach at VCI before noon. . .progressed to margaritas. . .then to mojitos at La Casa del Habano right next to the Destileria. Actually. . .I didn't have a THING to drink at the Destileria. I passed out at the table pretty soon after getting there.

what a way to start a vacation. lol

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    tele ... pictures, please?

6. tele65

tele65 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Janie. . . .pictures are legal documents. . . .lol. Actually I've seen several that one of my friends took. She's supposed to email them to me when she gets back home. . .they're still down there this week.

7. rodman4085

rodman4085 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pricey compared to going "downtown"

We(4) stopped in the 1st week of Feb...had the "Vacation Sized" Margs...way pricey at 150 pesos per.....We ordered up 5 appetizers, and the bill got to around $130.00/US.....ate twice at La Habichuela in downtown Cancun, for 4 with drinks, bills came in at $100, white tableclothes, much better atmosphere.....up to you!

8. markiem

markiem Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i agree with Rodman

I would prefer Habichuela over Distileria. Food is much better in my opinion, however, Habichuela is less convenient to get to. Must cab to Habichuela, specially at night. Distileria is very touristy, whereas Habichuela has somewhat authentic Mayan-esque dishes.
    It depends out how out of your way, you're willing to go.

9. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We actually ended up going to La Habicheulla instead of the other, and were very happy with our dinner. We did take a cab, and I am glad that we did. I don't know if we would have been able to find it on our own. The food was wonderful as was the service, the atmosphere was very unique and unexpected in the middle of a city like that. My husband is still raving about our meal there. Will definitely go there again, and it was wonderful!

10. Walshlaw

Walshlaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that you will be disappointed in La Distilleria. I would suggest La Dolce Vita, Puerto Madero or Cambalache. The food at either is much better. La Habichuela is very nice and worth visiting if you have never been there. Good luck with your choice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice