La Boom possibly REBORN

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by eb7437, Mar 1, 2008.

?

Is La Boom worth bringing back to life?

1. YES !!! You will make your money back NO DOUBT

100.0%
  2. NO !!! YOU F*%KING crazzzy invest your money.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Resortman

Resortman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yep, good old Michael...hopefully they can reclaim some of the money for those people. Forget the club, get ahold of one of those 2 houses next to the Royal Sands...talk about prime realestate! Is Zambrano the owner of the yellow one right next to the Sands still (I think he owned/owns it)?

2. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    in my opinion, la boom was the greatest club ever. i would love to see you reopen it and i would be the first to buy tickets for the grand re-opening.

if you could get it as close as possible to the condition, setting, and style it was before it would be a dream come true.

me and my friends often talk about how great that place was. i had some of the best nights ever in there.

DO IT...find a pool of investors if you have to.

3. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    I'm surprised nobody has done anything yet with the old Fat Tuesdays. Really is a great location. All the dreamers/vacationers that come to Cancun you'd think someone would've gave it go on making a dream reality. Though the Fat Tuesday building seems to have seen its better days. The bathroom should've been burned to the ground 10 years ago. All I could ever think of when I ventured into the restrooms is......I'm glad I'm not a woman.

Nick

4. trigger2002

trigger2002 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    too true :lol:
    a bathroom refit doesnt cost so much surely though. with abit of work the place could be amazing

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I first went to La Boom in 1998 and it will always remain my favourite club. In those days it was packed every night and attracted the biggest names - Eminem played there.

Got to know the manager of Tequila boom (Luis Miguel) very well and he remains one of my best local friends to this day 10 years on, also the manager of La Boom (Fernando Duke) and many of the other staff. When I first moved here every Wednesday and every Friday I was there open bar for free.... I've grown up now :) They still have La Boom tribute nights here once in a while. That place really was "The Club" that typified Cancun. It was the locals favorite club and all the staff I know from there would go crazy if it reopened, sadly I dont think it will.

Truth is, La Boom closed after the hurricane - it had been losing money for several years. Hurricane Wilma had little to no affect on the club but they did an insurance job - the insurance guy was sat there being entertained with champagne and girls while the staff poured imported seawater on the electrics and smashed the drinks inventory.

The club has been up for sale for over 2 years with no takers. I can't ever see it opening as a club again - emphasis has shifted to the Party Center and it's too far for most people on the Ocean side, more likely it will be demolished and the space used for condos.

As for the old Fat Tuesday - the area has been designated for redevelopment to meet locals needs, there is a popular public access beach there and locals have little access to other locations. Expect to see mini supers, a few extra low end bars/restaurants and some trinket shops.

6. eb7437

eb7437 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you Steve for your insight.

7. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :cool: LOL!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice