La Boom possibly REBORN

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by eb7437, Mar 1, 2008.

?

Is La Boom worth bringing back to life?

1. YES !!! You will make your money back NO DOUBT

100.0%
  2. NO !!! YOU F*%KING crazzzy invest your money.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. NickyD

NickyD I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I'd say go for it.. it was the first club I'd ever been in when I went to cancun and I'll never forget it.. but I want first dibs at a desk job when it opens; :)

2. ATLOZ10

ATLOZ10 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sign me up for Head of Security :D

3. JohnDoe

JohnDoe Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    putting that much money into cancun...no way. there are better investments around cancun.

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Bottom line its a lot of money and would take alot of time to get money out of it. Not sure how up and up you're on business in Mexico but its way different then the states. I use to know one of the old managers of La Boom (lost touch through the years) and the club can make money for sure. Seems like you really need to surround yourself with the right people and the right contacts. La Boom was busy on certain nights in its prime and completely freaking dead on other nights. This was really one of the biggest issues with it. Many of the other clubs are packed just about any night. Plus location to the rest of the clubs did have its toll on many nights. They had good dealings with many hotels on certain nights which would bring in the customers (many clubs do that down there but LaBoom lived and died by that when talking about occupancy). I've seriously been in there a few times when the employees out numbered the customers two to one and this was at like 1AM.

It could work again. I just think it needs the right people like any business. Its been for sale for awhile and I'd think the owners have to be getting to the point of just dumping the price for anyone who is seriously interested. The deck is stacked in your favor for sure.

Nick and Renee

5. rockrgrrrl

rockrgrrrl I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i'll be a shot girl!! :cool:

6. d2k

d2k Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If the numbers add up and you think u can make some money then sure go for it.

Ill be head of female relations for the club

7. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds like the best advice.

8. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have warned all newcomers about those shot girls, you could make me a contradiction. LOL

9. Resortman

Resortman Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'd skip it. It has been for sale for a few years and if that doesn't tell you something, then so be it. A few good comments about it earlier (too far away, other bars/clubs shut down etc) Hell, buy the CITY (25 million) as it is up for sale I believe. At least you are in party central. Money can be made, but as one has said, land is probably better used for something else and I agree.

10. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well said nmarks....

you should look into the old Fat Tuesdays building (if you can find anyone at Fonatur willing to talk about it) before buying La Boom, since it is beachfront . or there is a property next to ´the old Fat Tuesdays available for US$6M. you could make extra money by renting space to booze cruise or caribbean cruise. of course you would need to start with a new name and concept

either way , I don´t think you could make enough money between July - Feb to pay the note . you would have to structure the debt as some kind of seasonal loan like they do for tanning salons.

on the other hand if Cancun officials decide that springbreakers and hs grads are good for the economy , then you might see an influx next year , but it would have to be some big numbers.

after Puerto Cancun is done Cancun is going to be a huge luxury market , HOPEFULLY Spring Break will still have it´s place!!!!

as far as The City , the startup money for that came from the pensions- IRA accounts of senior citizens in the US , who got screwed by Michael Kelly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice