Krystal *** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Krystal

Post comments, reviews, trip reports and links to your pictures for Krystal here.

Located at Km9 it is in the heart of the Hotel Zone and party center. This hotel is Ocean side. Downtown is a 20 minute bus journey away.

Check the links below for availability and pricing with the following operators:

Best Day Cancun

Expedia

2. nice_2070

nice_2070 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    three of us are going march 5th, has anybody been to the krystal? can you tell me anything about it?

3. Mike L.

Mike L. Regular Registered Member

Chicago via Nuevo Vallarta via Canada via Seattle
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    This is one of the older hotels in Cancun...the greathing about this hotel is that it has a reef that is accesible from the hotel property and everything is in walking distance...clubs, shopping, etc..etc... no taxies!!

4. Tacoma101

Tacoma101 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Krystal

Hit the Kristal last year for Spring break and loved the location. Didnt go all inclusive though. Security guards will steal from you though, be careful. Not much security late at night if you are looking to bring a guest back. Gotta love that. Small beach and Beer pong!

5. lioness8674

lioness8674 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just got back from here - not impressed at all for how highly expedia had it rated - could have been because it was off season - we paid for the view from the top floor and had water coming in through the roof when we arrived on a rainy day - they gave us a corner room on the 5th floor to compensate but couldn't open the other window becuase the noise coming in from the return air was so loud. Picked this hotel for the pool bar which was closed and part of the pool drained they were doing repairs. Beautiful view though from the front window, and it is true you can walk down to the beach and go snorkling in the reef right out in front of the hotel - saw a bat ray, sting ray and cool fishes. We also got some really cool conch shells as well. Happy hour in the bar for two for one drinks from 7-8pm every night. You can hook up with other people from the hotel and go out as a group if you're out going - we met some great people!

6. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If the pool repair/restoration takes place the same time every year, I guess it's best not to book there for early October. Thanx for that tidbit. Any pics?

7. lioness8674

lioness8674 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Cool cool pics. I have been to the Krystal before, but just to dine at their Bogart's restaurant. Did you try it? Haven't been there in almost three years.

9. okc_mark

okc_mark Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    we stayed there a year or two ago, and had the A/I pkg.

If we had not had the A/I, i would have been very disappointed. We ate at both of the restuarants, and they were both very good. Bogarts was fairly good, but the mexican restuarant was fantastic.

The location was great, and the pool grill was very good too.

We normally stay at BBG , but had family with us on this trip. The activities were non-existent. We had to "sign" a ticket for everything even though we A/I. The room was very nice, the lobby was very beautiful, the location is awesome, but the food that wasn't at the resturants was very bad.

10. gilby

gilby Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    krystal

we are staying at the krystal anyone been there since the hurricane. This is our first trip to cancun.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice