Kindergartens with Chinese tuition?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Drewbert, Aug 4, 2007.

1. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone know of any kindergartens that teach Mandarin as well as English/Spanish?

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wow Drew, good luck, I haven't come across any that are teaching Chinese. Max is happy with his school, it's owned by a couple from Paris and they teach French in addition to Spanish and English.

Have you seen this site?

http://www.cancun.gob.mx/prescolar.php

hǎo yùn (don't know a bit about Chinese, thank goodness for google!) :)

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Planning for the future are we.....

I don't know of any kindergartens that teach Chinese here, but there is a regular language school on La Luna....cant think of the name, but its on the way to Gran Plaza, that advertises Chinese as one of their languages.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well... that's some mighty helpful info there Canuck... good job....

5. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yeah. The one on Nader that does French too is my #1 pick so far.

The language school in La Luna - do they just say "Chinese" or do they actually specify Mandarin or Cantonese?

I guess the other option is to find a nanny that speaks Spanish and Cantonese.

6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The one I am thinking of just says English, French, Chinese and I think German on the front sign. (I'll try and remember to look for it again the next time I go out there)

I don't know much about China except that there are many different spoken languages but only ONE written, so if you can learn to read and write it your set.... at least thats what I remember from the special I saw on Discovery channel a while back.

7. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think trying to get a Chinese-Mexican nanny would be the preferred option, as she would only talk Chinese when working so your kid(s), and you, will have to learn some of it. Backed up by some actual book work too, of' course..

8. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Drewbert,

You continue to reinforce my belief that you are nuts from time to time.

(Drew and I are friends for those of you who think we jab at one another
    for any other reason.)

First I read the title of your post and thought you were maybe trying to find a Kindergarten where you could pay the tuition with Chinese currency. That alone makes you nuts.

Then I read what you were really asking about and it again confirmed my belief. You can barely get a decent Chinese meal in Cancun and you are wondering if there is a school that would teach Mandarin to a 4 or 5 year old. You are off the chart amigo.

But at least you got a couple of serious replies and I hope you can find one that teaches Mandarin and they may even accept your Chinese currency.

9. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Heh heh.

If I could get some Yuan, I would :)

There is a little Chinese takeaway in Market 23 and the guys there speak Spanish and (I think) Mandarin. I'm going to drop in there sometime and ascertain how big the mandarin speaking community is in Cancun. Or try to, since they'll probably have trouble understanding my Spanish.

My 10 year old niece in Guadalajara goes to "Thomas Jefferson" school there, which is tri-lingual Spanish-English-Mandarin.

10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice