Kind of Gross

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jun 11, 2008.

1. Zibbyzap

Zibbyzap Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sounds as though classical or operant conditioning is the culprit.

2. Elizabeth

Elizabeth Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Jen. I don't think it's a city-wide problem per se. I think it depends on the plumbing of the particular toilet you are using.

At home I flush. At work, I have no choice but to put the paper in the trash because you literally have to flush 3 times to be sure that everything has gone down, even if everything is just number 1!

3. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have been here for 6 years, own 2 properties. My philosophy is "When in Rome, do as the Romans do"
    At my house we don't flush it, but in the Hotel Zone we do. Also Walmart, Costco and Sams have the pressure systems.
    The problem in MOST houses is the water pressure is totally controlled by Gravity (Hence the distance between the tank on top of the house and the toilet, mine is a tiny house and the water pressure sucks).
    When my son comes down and puts paper in the toilet most of the time it clogs, whcich is why I keep a plunger next to the toilet.
    :cool:

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm no plumber but I'm pretty sure that having poor water pressure in your home affects how long it takes for the toilet tank to fill AFTER you flush, it does NOT affect the water pressure of the flush itself.

The pressure with which your toilet flushes is determined by the toilet itself. It may be that your toilets are not well adjusted and that the pressure could be improved by proper fiddling with the toilet's adjustments. Our toilets flush with high pressure, they cost $600 MXP each. The point is that even if you replace the toilet this is a cheap thing to fix.

There is no reason to do as the Romans do unless you really WANT to...

5. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay, the last thing I want is a debate on shit and toilet paper, do what you want and when you want.
    Drink water from the spout, wash your vegetables in the sink, flush your toilet paper.
    The point is I just insalled a new toilet costing about $1000mpx and my family still does not trust it to take paper.
    Again I say, I say in the Hotel Zone or Walmart, it is diiferent.
    It takes a pump, not gravity< to move water hard enough to flush it all down. :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice