Kind of Gross

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by RiverGirl, Jun 11, 2008.

1. CharlesinCancun

CharlesinCancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just accepted that , that was the the thing to do. I never questioned it , I dont like it , but now I want to change!!!!!! I felt stupid doing it , seems kind of barbaric

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Jason - Thanks for verifying what I was suspecting.

Charles - I think you are not alone. People accept it and they fall into doing it, it becomes custom.

My original post was a bit obnoxious, but what I meant was that as far as I can tell this is simply a custom. It may be a custom with it's origin in a fear of faulty plumbing, but it's a custom.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I kind of go with the flow, no pun intended. In my house I flush what I please and am prepared to deal with the consequences.

In public bathrooms I follow the signs, out of respect for the culture that, right or wrong, has posted them. In such a case I am somone's guest.

If I am in a private home it depends on whether or not I like the hosts.

Simple as that. Although I do agree that if the system can handle human waste it can handle TP.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
    You use public bathrooms?...... in Mexico...? :blueshock:

5. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sure Steve,

It saves on toilet paper. McDonalds on Coba and La Costa is really nice.

Except for the time when someone switched the Hombres and Damas signs and I went in the wrong one. That was a bit weird.

6. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
  7. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    According to my husband Sanborn's stores were the first places in Mexico to reliably have nice, clean public bathrooms that were always stocked with TP. He calls Sanborn's the public restroom of Mexico.

And those are just about the only public restrooms I will use in Mexico...the bathrooms in Los Bisquets are fine also, but their food isn't...

8. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ if you like using establishment's restrooms - did you pay a visit when you went to Super Salads? I have to know!!
    The cubicles are completely see through!! I mean really and truly see through. They are made from frosted class!!!

I used to flush paper down the toilet in my apartment and then it started blocking. So I don't think the sewage treatment is the issue, it's usually a question of where you live and the quality of the plumbing.

9. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well Jen, my post was sort of meant to be funny, funny guy that I am.

I usually make a stop at the restrooms so I am sure I hit the one at Super Salads but don't remember any see through features in the men's room. Plus it is a guy thing not to look around in a restroom.

But I will have see if Trina will check it out and if no one is in there I will take a look. May even bring my camera.

10. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know you were being funny TJ, so was I - guess it got lost in a post :D
    But really, check them out. I was shocked!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice