Kik / Facebook groups

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Steve, May 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6

Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think Steve gives a Royal Rats Ass what people discuss on other sites. He just doesnt want those sites advertised on CCC....his site.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  2. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    Maybe a compromise would be to boost the MAX up from 5 , on group conversations on here ? ''Separate names with a comma. You may invite up to 5 member(s).''

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    Maybe up to 15-20?

That would give CCC members the best of both worlds and thoroughly protect Steve's site.

Seems like a great idea!

4. wild1s

wild1s Naughty 'n Nice Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,878 / 9
    Correction...No one, and I do mean NO ONE who has never left Alabama has ever had the name "Nigel."

• Funny Funny x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. tanyaandshawn

tanyaandshawn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +177 / 1
    Well since that was first in his comments I thought that seemed like first on his mind..
    But good choice of words ladytramp....

6. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I have probably sent 100-200 people to ccc throughout the 8 years we have been on here yet no one has ever invited us to a Kik group or Facebook group or one of these ‘I have steve’ Groups mentioned above. Makes me feel very unpopular. :(

We did have a 6 person Kik group in prep for our last trip but like scuba Steve said that was with people we were already texting with from a past trip and to talk about stuff like what time are you arriving. How the kids are doing. Whether I shaved my balls. Stuff the general forum wouldn’t care to hear about.

But end result is a like ccc just the way it is. And appreciate efforts to not let it go to hell. Even though occasionally I do throw an ass pic out there thinking this is probably, maybe, hopefully ok and it turns out it isn’t :(

• Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
    • List
  7. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Private rooms would work!
    Eliminates the need some groups feel to migrate to other social media platforms

And prevent the lurkers from tracking what various groups are planning/discussing.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. K&P ARK

K&P ARK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    We found this forum before ever coming to TTR. It was very useful in preparing us for what to expect and fitting right in as soon as we got there. Our theme attire was on spot from advice and posts on here. That kind of information is priceless. Without CCC, TTR would be lame with barely anyone participating.

However, technology is progressing and us lazy humans want to have conversations on the go in the palm of our hands. However, we don't want all our business out there for everyone to see so we use private groups with people we trust. I've already seen people posting videos and pics on FB that shouldn't be allowed. I appreciate Steve hosting and managing this site to keep it informative and safe from lurkers. It allows us to create posts and share pics that we otherwise wouldn't be able to.

There is a need to be able to talk to our closest friends from planning trips to coordinating outfits and just general BSing to get us through our countdowns between trips. I will stick to my phone apps for this just as I would any other group of friends outside of TTR.

I will continue to log into CCC every day to check my messages and alerts. I will also always use the CCC link for USATransfers.
    We have a lot of gratitude for Steve for hosting this site and will do everything we can to keep it going and safe.

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  9. bcreekcpl

bcreekcpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +239 / 0
    I like KIK and think it's a very useful tool to connect with people going the same time as you but Steve's site, Steve's rules.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • List
  10. mary n jose

mary n jose Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice