Kidnapping Update?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by 4NSPY, Feb 10, 2009.

1. aaamigo2203

aaamigo2203 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

So, are you suggesting an armed uprising with you in the middle?
    I think a big part of the issue dates back to way before Mexico and U.S.A. became independent nations. "Valemadrismo" philosophy (careless) seems to be part of the "latin" ideosyncracy and the only way one as an individual can contribute to a "solution", call it being part of the "first world" or what have you, is as simple as leading by example and try to educate otherers.

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ?

No. I am suggesting that if the mothers, fathers, sons, daughters, cousins, grandparents, friends, co-workers, associates, and everyone else in Mexico would stop looking the other way when they know something is wrong, and care more about each other, to prevent their loved ones, friends, or countrymen from getting involved in, or being a silent victim of, the wrongs that occur here, eventually, society as a whole would rise to a point where the problems that Mexico faces would subside on their own over time to a more manageable level.

Exactly!

3. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I feel the lesson here is stay away from drugs and stop watching Antonio Banderas movies (Btw he is Spanish, not Mexican).
    It doesn't happen here any more than it happens in Clevland or DC.
    I am so tired of hearing "It's to dangerous in Mexico" C'mon this is Cancun not Tijuana. Shoot I have been here for 7 years and left my car open, accidently of course, and have never had a problem. Except that asshole who busted my window and stole my faceplate for the stereo, which was coded to only work with that unit. They busted him, uh he was Canadian (No offense to Canadians, the point was he was not even Mexican)

4. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bncancun: Haha :) Youve had more luck than me in my 2 years here...

*One attempted robbery - failed.

*2 attempts at breakin into our flat - failed.

*2 attempts to kill our first straydog - failed.

*2 fights in our neighborhood park - not sure what they were after, but thank god - failed.

These are the same type of stuff I went through in Australia, no biggie.

Now the "funny" thing:

Most of the stuff that actually HAS worked from these crooks are
    *Telcel(overcharged several times..)
    *Banamex(cash "missing", lost creditcards=the bank failed to deliver the card 4 times... Im no longer with Banamex of course)
    *CFE(dont get me started..)
    *Crooked landlords
    *And the good ol` INM :)

I feel very safe here in cancun, considering the "small time criminals" I have had the bad luck of running into, are worse than a blind snail would be at running 200 mts Hurdle :)

While living in wonderful DF, I have had zero negative experiences(I dont count the overfilled metro, as it is a regular thing ;))

Back home in Sweden I cant remember one bad thing that happened, except for the 5-6 months of crappy weather...

5. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I guess people just don't f*+#k with me.
    I had one incident about 5 years ago where a guy tried to reach in and sleal my wifes purse (how he intended to the that 20lb thing through the windows and then through the bars is beyond me) I picked up my handy Chichen wood "Club" and snapped his arm (You could hear the bone crunch) and he ran away.
    Maybe I have a "Rep" now as being someone you just don't want to f#*k with.
    I had more problems in Frederick Maryland than I have had here. Except of course the corrupt Policia, but I just flash my wifes ID at them (She is in charge of the ER at IMSS) and they tend to leave me alone. :cool:

6. Dangers

Dangers Enthusiast Registered Member

In a Little Cafe on the Other Side of the Border
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  7. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awesome :)

8. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  9. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    kidnappers

Well, at least they weren't greedy kidnappers. I would think a long jail sentence would be worth more than 1.5 million...especially since kidnapping usually involves having several people on the payroll. By the time you split it, it's REALLY not worth it.

10. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    They weren't all that smart either. From what i understand, he didn't leave on the best terms with the Kelly Group and they have their own financial problems trying to bail out the boss so asking them for money was kind of like asking Bill O'Reilley for bail out money for the New York Times!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice