Kidnapped?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by 4NSPY, Dec 10, 2009.

1. astrolis

astrolis Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ouch!!! KDTLP.I think I have information that you do not have about this case which I am not going to talk about on this forum.Enough to say that the reputation of Cancun is not tarnished and if it is it is because of the corruption of certain officials and their families. I have spoken to Mexican ambassadors representing Mexico in Europe and I am sorry to say that even they are very quick to reveal that corruption is widespread in Mexico.If you say the same about countries in Europe I will agree,I do not feel I have to defend bad practice, corrupt officials or dishonest politicians in my country.Nothing changes in the world if we support bad behaviour and abuses of power or abuses of human rights.When I talked to Amnesty International they said they are so busy in Mexico as there are so many people in danger.Also Mexican people who have supported Amnesty have been murdered for that.I can understand your fear and that you cant be seen to speak the truth when you work in the legal department.In my country i would be sacked from my job if I made any comments about a case on a public forum if i worked in the Legal department.I am expected to remain confidential and balanced at all times and not discuss personal views with anyone.The fact that you are doing this shows you work in a system which has a lack of control and weak boundaries.As for loathing my family.As I have never met you and you have never met me I will suspend my view until that happens.I dont loath people because they disagree with me.A healthy democratic society is a place where people can discuss their different views and agree to differ but still have respect for each other.Happy New year to you!!

2. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    None of this is simply black an white. Do we WANT it to be? Well, maybe, but thats not the case.

Ivan`s friend, the son of the former Transito Chief(?), floored Free...

Ivan then jumped in and started by kicking and punching a downed Free.

Free got back up, defended himself and then went overboard, according to witnesses and medical reports.

I sure as hell hope that both Ivan and his friend are held responsible, for without their actions, Free wouldnt have been attacked and Ivan wouldnt have been injured...

I hope Free pushes charges against these two kids once HIS part is over.

Only then can ANYONE claim that this has been "fair", or at least as close to as possible...

Ivan is made out to be a innocent victim, almost like he would have been jumped by Free, "just like that"...

Free has and is paying his part - the other two should.

What made me laugh was Ivan`s friends statement that the initial three pushes where, and I quote "We brushed shoulders..." The tape shows something completely different, and pictures dont lie.

I doubt this will ever be dealt with in a fair way... Its already out of control, on so many levels.

The lesson learned for Ivan and his friend? As long as one of YOU end up injured, you can pick as many fights as you want, even in front of the camera.

This is a case that has several elements - only one of them is investigated, sadly enough.

If I would have been in Free`s situation, I would have floored Ivan as well, but thats it. But then again, I dont drink when I go out, so its hardly comparable, is it?

Seems like they all have ONE thing in common: Dont get on the booze...

Ps. I wonder what Ivan`s excuse was when it comes to kicking and punching Free when he was down? A "friendly tickle fight"...?

3. KTDLP

KTDLP Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    @astrolis

Cute being preached to about ethics from people who openly admit on public forums and in the press to paying bribe money, and are widely known to pay local media outlets as well. That is supporting the corrupt systems that you are such advocates against. And that is called hypocrisy no matter what country you are in.

Please do not act like you know me or what my involvement is with the legal system here, because if you did you would be humbled. I have never been involved directly or indirectly with this case. I do not have relationships with anyone that is involved in this case. There is no ethical breach in me calling BS on this forum or any other.

Cancun is a safe tourist destination. It is even debatable that the special Tourist Police are too lenient on vacationers that break the laws here. Then people like you come along and compare it to border towns because you don't like that your nephew is being convicted for cracking someones skull and you jeopardize the livelihoods of many good hard working people. I don't care what foreign ambassadors tell you, I am telling you that the majority of educated professionals in Cancun don't like your family.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2011
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice