Key West

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by mrbreeze317, Dec 23, 2015.

1. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    I think all bets are off during FantasyFest. Even though the rules don't allow for clothing optional, many of the visitors opt for nekkid anyway, and nobody seems to care or complain.

2. Bearlet

Bearlet Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +134 / 2
    Caliente

"Caliente" and "Paradise Lake" resorts near Tampa, FL. worth checking.

3. cassandmar

cassandmar Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +102 / 0
    It sounds like the CO haters are taking over in KW. A few years back there was some fairly serious discussion about a CO beach in KW. I guess not anymore

4. mrbreeze317

mrbreeze317 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +144 / 0
    A lot of the bed and breakfast places have C/O sundecks but they are always on the upper levels and not near the pools. I think if you visit an adults only facility the wives could get by with topless until someone complains. However, topless does not equal naked. I know that during fantasy fest a lot of the hotels and resorts get taken over and no one has clothes on at the pools. I've been trying to get a straight answer from the Pilot House for months now. I've heard that they were renovating and would reopen but discontinue the C/O policy. But I read a tripadvisor review that mentioned the C/O pool. I don't think they want to answer because because those of us would would book them for that reason only might find another place to stay.

5. mexico24

mexico24 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,132 / 2
    Keys have changed

I spend spring break in Key west in 1992 and just went back there last week for the first time since. It has changed, I don't think Hemingway would like the changes....all about money now, not laid back fun. Mostly families and "comfortable" retired couples. Tourist shops on every corner and the food is not authentic, just a cool name and heavily processed. Just ranting.

6. aquacpl

aquacpl Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Key West is out pricing themselves, its now $300+ per night, 4 night minimum for FF and the Boat Races! We've changed our trips to Big Pine Key in Sept, much lower rates!

7. LadynTramp

LadynTramp I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +420 / 6
    There is a huge C/O clientele at KW that needs/wants a place to get their groove on! We'd love to buy a place in that market to enjoy and retire with......

8. mr&mrssrated

mr&mrssrated Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    We try to get to the keys 3 times a year. It is a four hour drive for us. Always had an amazing time.
    However, with Marreros changing, and now Pilot House. There is nothing left. It was a great 3-4 day trip for us.
    Oh well, It means we might have to make TTR more often. Especially since the price is right.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Marrero's is no longer CO?

I have only been to KW once and we stayed there, loved it!! I cannot imagine why the places in KW would go that route - everyone knows it's one of the few places besides Vegas and Caliente where people let loose. There is a little bit of a niche market and I don't thinking getting rid of CO will help them much at all.

But yeah, good luck getting people to follow the rules during FF. haha

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice