Keeping vacation plans after Dean.

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by coaltal, Aug 18, 2007.

1. coaltal

coaltal Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking for opinions on keeping my vacations plans for a week after Dean (8/29-9/5). Assuming Dean hits the Yucatan as predicted, what do you think Cancun would be like a week after the hurricaine. Would we be adding to stress of rebuilding or would tourist dollars be appreciated.

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If it were me, I think I'd wait and see what happens after Dean passes.

It's too early to accurately predict anything. You still have time....take that time and wait and see.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Yes, it's a case of waiting I'm afraid. At this stage we really dont know if it will be no more than heavy rain, or catastrophy.

You can be sure that with all the cancun locals we have here this place will be the first to tell it how it is. That said we will lose power so it may be a few days after the event before we get back online.

4. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Actually, for what I know, it is the ONLY site that gives help besides very technical info.

Thanks Steve, Kim and Kelly.

But a few days is very optimistic :wink: I stayed 3 weeks without power after Wilma, unable to connect. Thanks Sanborns :)

5. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    We were only 3-4 days without power during Wilma. Our telephone line would have remained intact throughout were it not for a falling tree.

You need to move to the posh area Jeanine :wink:

6. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ha Steve, living on the beach means you are at the first row for the show :lol: ... and for the consequences too!

I cannot afford a posh area, but you are welcome at a quieter time for a drink... when power is restored (the gardener just cut off the water and will do the same for electricity later on)... and you may feel like moving around here. After all we have ~11 1/2 great months in the year :wink:

I am going to Valladolid, my friend just called me to say Dean might spare Cancun and hit Valladolid LOL :D . See you in a few days :cool:

7. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That being said, people willing to keep plans for vacation next week have no idea what a hurricane is! and what may happen at the airport as well at their hotel. Pictures on TV has nothing to do with real life.

I called Delta yesterday (the attention center is in Chile) asking what to do in case I cannot catch my flight on the 30. The pendejo told me I will have to pay for the change (my ticket cannot be changed). I asked if there was a number in Cancun, he says no, you have to go to the airport!!!!!!!!! :roll: I told him he didn't have the least idea what a hurricane was.... but he is at the ATTENTION center :evil:

8. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The way things are looking right now, Valladolid might be going to get some serious rain. You might be better off at the beach in Cancun, my dear.

Merida's going to be wet too.

And the poor people over in Tampico are in for a roough time, as the Hurricane will regenerate as it reachs the Capeche gulf.

Let's hope the Mexican oil industry doesn't take a big hit or Pemex will make us feel it.

9. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    and it might hit Chetumal and Belize, and here I will have sun and will be tanning :cool:

More seriously, I am ready for the rain, maybe I would better stay and clean up all the time, but Wilma has been a serious trauma, my only good time was a certain shower, that I didn't forget :wink:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice