Just received the 60,000 points letter from RCI

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jim and Kathy in Ohio, Sep 8, 2008.

1. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Cost us around $1600ish maybe less depending on flight for a couple. Keep in mind this is Ocean View (Section D) along with the other perks.

Two weeks would be about an extra 950 or so. So it be about $2600 for everything.

Like I said my program is way different then what you read on here. We have the first program that was ever offered and it wasn't designed with RCI in mind at all. It was made for repeat guest (in fact you had to be a repeat guest to even buy in :shock: ). It was a system made for repeaters to save money on each returning trip as kind of a thank you. It also helped with up front money for the resort during there biggest undertaking. The part around the quite pool use to be another hotel and it was bought by Temptations. Obivious not a cheap purchase and then was completely gutted inside and out. Fast forward about a year or so and RCI got there hand in Premier and it all went downhill from there. Really the only thing we got to watch is the AI fees. Once in awhile they jump up crazy and members complain and they drop it down. They also run specials on AI fees to.

Nick and Renee

P.S.: The program was also much much cheaper then what the current system is. Many people bought around 25 to 30+ weeks for less then 6K. Just depends on how much you wheeled and deal. Another shocker is if you said, No. They would just thank you for your time and let you be on your way. They didn't waste much of your time. It was pretty much just a 10 to 15 minute sales pitch. It was a pretty straight forward program so there wasn't really any hidden surprises or anything.

2. Tinder

Tinder Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Last March, my wife and I went to Temptations for a week, March 15th to the 22nd. Through Alpharooms, we paid $1180 for our room, through Frontier Airlines, using our AmEx memberships points, we paid $185 per ticket, and through USA Transfers we paid $55 for a ride to and from the hotel. Overall, our trip cost $1605 US.

We still have enough points on AmEx that we could get the same deal on flights. Checking with Alpharooms, it is up about $200 from last year.

Seems like with the deal that Premier members have now, I would be screaming to high heaven if those like myself can get better deals just shopping around. Having looked into buying in, I can say that we are extremely glad we didn't.

Derek

3. traveltime

traveltime Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    not happy

I just purchased my RCI plan last year. I still have 4 years and 1 month of payments left. I have a ton of points that I have not used. My next trip that I have planned is next month.

I was reading my contract and basically they are out of contract with the point restriction. So, my question is...... can I just stop payment and be done with this whole ordeal? There is a clause that I am responsible for a certain amount if I cancel my contract. However, I was wondering since I am not receiving the expected conditions of my contract is it now void and I can cancel without penalty.

When I go down there next month, I will be asking questions. If I am not happy with the answers I will get out if possible. They have already made enough money on me.

Oh yeah.... I paid the additional money for my extra weeks to be sold. I was promised how easy it was to sell at least one of those weeks. Guess what....yes you guessed...none have sold.

urggg

4. nmarcks

nmarcks Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Re: not happy

Talk to a lawyer about the contract. People who have stopped payment have had collection letters sent to them. Plus when people have stop payment they won't let you use your membership until your up to date on payments. If you get to the point a collection agency is contacting you just explain to them what happen and I'm will to bet they will push it back to Premier and you'll never hear from them again. Collection agencies aren't the pitbulll many people make them out to be. If they're presented with evidence to dispute the claim they can not collect.

Be warned when your down there your going to get an earful of what you want to hear. But nothing will be taking care of in the end. They'll try to get you to convert over to the new system and ask for more of your money. So far people say it isn't worth it. If I where you I'd take a small recorder and set it right on the table and start asking questions. Tell them your lawyer said he wanted a recording of the conversation. Be funny to see there response to that.

I'd try the route of working with them and see if you can come to some type of resolution. If they'll take "x" amount of points back and give you something in return. Just make sure the math works out in your favor.

Nick and Renee

P.S.: On your rental money you paid they have said they will refund it. Deal with that when your down there and make sure you get your money back before you leave. They've promise people over the phone and so far most if not all haven't got the money back.

5. Steve and Kim in Ohio

Steve and Kim in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Point restrictions were put in place by RCI, per boiler plate on your RCI contract Section 8, paragraph (c)
    You acknowledge that the network documents which govern your use, occupancy and enjoyment of the vacation time may change from time to time in accordance to their terms.
    Translation RCI can change whatever the wish because we have agreed to it.

6. 12531

12531 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Change is one thing decreasing the value of what we own is another and certainly should be applied equally to all RCI members. To single us out for special treatment is not acceptable. Do you think if this was put in place for all RCI members RCI would even have a product to sell? Premier has accepted this for their members rather than going to bat with a lawsuit to protect us so Premier is just as guilty in this as RCI

7. Steve and Kim in Ohio

Steve and Kim in Ohio Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    totally agree that premier is culpable, this problem started when they started with sales of excessively large blocks of points..just a way the increase profits without providing more of themselves. Totally feel RCI should have adressed this with them and not screwed us over.

8. traveltime

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have an automatic payment made to my credit card each month to pay for my plan.

However, I think that it is funny that I received a phone call from premier 2 week prior to receiving my restictive points letter offering me a discount if I pay my balance in full.

I declined this offer and said to keep drawing the monthly payment as usual from the credit card.

I wonder how many people took premier up on their offer on the small discount amount to pay it in full early.... as they already knew we were all getting ready to have point restrictions.

9. soonn

soonn Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    RCI Point

You are lucky than most of us, at least me. I took the offer since I do not want to pay more interest and balloon the total cost.

So sorry me!!!!!!!

My advise to you, sorry you will not like this. Take the loss, stop the payment, you will come out ahead. every payment you give them, will just add to your loss.

Good luck!

10. traveltime

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay.... I spent my morning shower thinking about my loses.

So, we pay $149 annual RCI fee; $49 X 2 = $98 airline tickets using our limited $60,000 points. PLUS the rest of our airline tickets, plus I no longer have enough for a car rental.

PLUS my $200 montly payment.

WOW I am losing my butt........

SO, who knows anything about what exactly will happen if I stop payment? If have over a million points that are pointless to me with limited points and tons of fees.

I am done with this scam

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice