just needing to vent and relieve some stress

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by sweetchildomine, Mar 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. sweetchildomine

sweetchildomine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    We are traveling at the end of this month on the 26th. In the past month we have learned the following.
    1. In-law grandpa found out he has cancer in the epiglotis and is now undergoing chemo and radiation treatments for the next 2-3 months. He has type 2 diabetes and started to undergo his chemo, making him so sick he needed to be hospitalized for 4 days from severe dehydration and kidney problems.
    2. Our niece that has SMA(spinal muscular atrophy), a terminal degenerative spinal cord disorder, has to go in a day after we leave for surgery to have rods put in her back to start keeping her upright as her spine is curving now to where she can't support her upper body weight.
    3. Just found out from my mom that my dad is scheduled to go in to have emergency laparoscopic surgery due to an over sized gall stone and severe inflammation/irritation. He has type 2 diabetes and is a stubborn son of a bitch that hates doctors, so for him to say he hurts enough to go to the docs is BAD!
    4. Chinos having to undergo surgery to help him kick cancers ass.

My parents were going to watch the kids for the first part of our trip. Then after hearing that Gpa in-law had chemo, we had asked if they could take the kids for the whole trip. Now once they said yes they could my dad has this problem. So I feel obligated to find another source for the kids sitter. Then my biggest concern which is out of my hands is our niece and her surgery as an minor infection lands her in the ICU for 4-6months at a time or could kill her.

I don't want this rant to sound like it is about me as I am extremely concerned about those around us. I am just seriously wondering if this trip is going to be the curse from hell? I/we are still planning on going but it feels like everything is pulling us in the opposite direction for a reason!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFAAAAAAUUUUCCCCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!:angrymad::angrymad::angrymad:

2. matchandahalf

matchandahalf Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Scott, I'm sorry you guys are surrounded by so much stress and sadness right now. xo

3. Tc123123

Tc123123 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    We will make sure to say a prayer for your family and you this Sunday at church. I know it is stressful hopefully you can find peace in your time of need.

4. Mommabear

Mommabear I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Scott, so sorry you and your family are going through all of this right now. I know all too well how that goes. Dealing with my own family health issues myself. Where I was hesitant in going to TTR in April, but I was told, I need to have time for me. Allow a support system to be there while you have your time. It is not being selfish, it's giving you guys time to recharge yourselves, and when you get back you will be ready to tackle what is handed to you.
    I could go on and in more detail ,but that is my short version of a suggestion.
    Prayers coming your way and the strength to allow time for yourself. Carol

5. BnK

BnK Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,159 / 0
    We wish your family and friends good health and also a speedy recovery to those currently with impacts from illness or injury. We also wish for them to be free of any burdens of negative thoughts so they can instead see the joy that exists in each moment no matter what their circumstance. Rather than to allow fear, worry, anger, or frustration to prevail.

Good luck in all this !

6. GoGoBlanco

GoGoBlanco Banned

Ratings:
    +255 / 2
    Hun, I empathise. Without going into any details here, last year was my "annus horribillis". The worst year ever. Sometimes, now, I think "how did we get through that?". But you do, somehow. You have to. And at the end of the year we went to TTR, and for some of the time at least, forgot some of the pain, and found myself laughing again, because you can't not.
    Go. You like everyone, deserves a break, it keeps us sane.
    :daisy:

7. JimCarrie

JimCarrie Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    when things are turbulant...

...it's kinda like the plane trip where it's one non-stop bumpy ride, and you have to balance taking care of your loved-ones, your co-passengers AND yourself.
    When it get's rough, that oxygen mask drops and your job 1st is to take care of yourself SO you can be there to help others. Grab that mask, put it on and BREATHE... deeply when U feel U need to. Then You'll be able to be there for those you love. BREATHE...
    ...and pray, that U & yours are left with a healthy "peace" that leaves behind no "shoulda',coulda' or woulda' ."
    Strength to U & yours, our friend.
    Jim&Carrie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice