Just Left - Will Never Return

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Sens' started by vern&kim, Apr 26, 2019.

1. vern&kim

vern&kim Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0
    Just left the resort yesterday - will never return. We booked the Kian Saan suite and had confirmed we were able to check in early as we were arriving at 12:30 - promised a room would be ready. We arrived then we were told no rooms until 4PM no matter what. No big deal - we ate, changed, and hung out at the pool. At 4 we went back and got checked in at 4:30. We got to the room and the A/C was keeping the room at a balmy 85 degrees. The plunge pool on the deck was not working and it looked like whole milk with diesel fuel on top. The mini bar fridge was not working, TV was inop, and the cockroach in the bathroom, size of a small shoe, was just the clincher. I went back down to ask for a different room and was told no other rooms available. I asked really as there were probably 100 people at the pool and another 150 total on the beach. They called service and would meet us back at the room. He noted that the A/C is a central system so nothing they could do and tried to tell me the mini bar fridge wasn't meant to keep things cold.....Hmm. Got back to the room and the maintenance guys were there - had the pool running in a bit - said the water was normal. Keep in mind couldn't see the bottom of the 3 foot pool. They would swap out the fridge and said they can spray the room if we wanted to leave for 8 hours. Then to top it off I went to get our luggage 2 hours later. The bathrooms by the pool had such a nasty old urine smell it made your nostrils burn and eyes water.

Resort has no vibe. If you want to go to a nasty place with poor service, below mediocre food, and very watered down drinks then this is your place. Room service was always over an hour and food was cold when it arrived. The most excitement is watching the clouds pass by and how much the grass grows daily.

Hidden pool was the only saving grace. Topless and only had 8 to 12 couples in the entire area. With a bar close by this is where we hung out. Beach was very nice but very poor service even in the premier section.
    We have been to Temptation a few times and while I didn't expect a party atmosphere like that - would have been nice to have more than a typical pool at the local YMCA.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  2. MandEOntario

MandEOntario Addict Registered Member

West of Toronto; Empty nesters with a hot tub
    Ratings:
    +2,674 / 4
    Oh man, sounds awful. Sorry to hear about your experience at GOS. Really appreciate your concise trip report. Until now, we've been head scratching about giving GOS a try due to their much lower price than TTR.

3. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    Just goes to show ya... Original Resorts has the clamp on a real fun party resort, and it doesn't seem like anyone else knows WTF...

4. toolguy27

toolguy27 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +157 / 0
    Ae have been there the last 2 years it was ok. Back I to Temlatuon next week. Looking forward to it

5. conjuna

conjuna Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +191 / 0
    We went there it was just as you described it. Room leaked no room to move to. Restaurants were closed half the time TTR for us only

6. Stacia_and_John

Stacia_and_John T&A Tour Guide Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4,611 / 14
    *Using my best Ron White voice*

"Let me tell you what I'm looking for in a Mexican resort vacation. A wee tiny bit better than... OK."

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice