Just got home

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by Angie22, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Angie22

Angie22 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We just got home today from the Golden. We were ready to come home but we had a fabulous vacation. I agree with other reviews about the old, scratchy bath towels and the bad lighting in the bathrooms. Also, there needs to be better air conditioning in the 60's club. Other than that, we loved every thing about this resort. We ate at the Barn 3 nights and I loved the ribeye steak. We ate at Sumo 2 nights and I really liked the teriyaki beef. We had 1 dinner at the Shangralai and enjoyed the stuffed quail. We also had 1 meal at the Pier 21 (or 12?) and that was our least favorite restaurant. We ate most of our lunches at the Breeze and really liked the burgers, hot dogs, fries and guacamole. We were with a family of 12 ranging in age from 18 to 53. There was something to keep all of us occupied all week long. The guys are pretty competitive so some of the volley ball games got pretty aggressive, nothing that a belly flop couldn't take care of. We loved the entertainment crew and all of the silly games and night time shows. Most of all I would like to call attention to the medical staff. My son cut his finger pretty badly on the last day of our vacation and also broke the toilet lid. Not only did they provide him with prompt medical attention they did not charge him for the medical or the broken lid. They also checked on him later that night and re wrapped his finger. We were pretty much partied out by the end of the 4th day so we just did a lot of people watching and relaxing the rest of our stay. The bar staff, pool waitress's, and house keeping staff were all wonderful and very attentive. I hope people don't pay too much attention to the bad reviews because those people must be very hard to please and should go elsewhere any way. This was a fun filled vacation and we will definitely return!

2. luv2travel2

luv2travel2 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was nice meeting your family last week. I enjoyed playing volleyball, (even if your son did spike me...lol) and water polo with your daughter (I was her assistant goalie). Nice family and very competitive which I loved. Sorry to hear your son was hurt but glad he was taken care of and you were pleased with the care. Hope to meet you back there sometime.

3. Angie22

Angie22 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Who is this? We met so many people and so many got spiked ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice