Just got back, so Surreal, now with pix

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by B & B, Apr 20, 2009.

1. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    So it's now Monday morning, 10:45 Toronto time, 9:45 Cancun time. The trip went by so fast. I am looking outside right now and it is raining and about 10 degrees Celcius, this time last week was 32 and not a hint of rain anywhere.

Where did the time go. I'll have to write this in bits and pieces, as now unfortunatley work is calling, came home Friday and had around 300 e-mails to sort through. Got rid of the garbage on my blackberry and saved the stuff that required more detail, that left about 110. This morning went through a bunch more and have it down to about 35. Now I am going stir crazy, I just went and got an energy drink and will work on this.

Thought of Woodman this morning, he is still there, met him on Tuesday, this is now his last day.

Started each day with 2 tequila sunrises, switched to a couple of Rum and Cokes, had a Caesar, then switched to beer. Had about 3 of them and then it was lunch time, had a drink during lunch, and then back to the pool. Each start to the day was pretty standard. This is also why I think the trip was as in my post , so surreal, it just sort of floats along in a haze.

We left Toronto Friday April 10 at 6:20 am, there was supposed to be 5 of us. Unfortunately one member of our party lost her passport and was unable to go. She was devastated, her first trip out of the country in 12 years and she had been looking so forward to it. No cancellation insurance either. We contacted the airline and they said she can go from Canada to Mexico with a birth certificate and photo ID (driver's license), but she had placed her birth certificate with her passport. A week and a half later she still hasn't found it, so it either got stolen or inadvertantly thrown out.

That was the lowest point of our trip. We arrived in Cancun about 9:30, got through customs and all by 10:00, we had pre-booked through entertainment plus (Steve's link at the bottom of the page), and everything went off without a hitch, I would highly recommend them. We were at the hotel before 11:00, checked in, rooms weren't going to be available until about 3:00. We ended up with rooms 1135 and 1136, quiet pool area, behind the restaurant, view of the ocean, excellent room. King size bed, privacy door into the bathroom, excellent sized 1st floor balcony.

We changed and went to the sexy pool, hung out around the pool for the rest of the day, perfect couple contest was that day, thought of entering but didn't, we observed and answered along, we have seen it 4 other times, so we would have got about 6 out of 10 and been near the top.

----------more to come---------

Continuing...

We got our rooms and went and checked them out, unpacked and relaxed. Had a couple drinks on the patio, pulled out the IPOD docking station, listened to some music and our friends pulled their chairs around the balcony and we had some more drinks. Finally slept around 6:30, getting up around 9:30 to eat and then we went to Nice Shoes bar until about 2:00. That was the end of day one.

Most of the days were the same, I usually got up at 6:30 to get chairs by the pool, the one morning it was 5:30 because I hadn't changed my watch. Usually ate around 7:30 and wandered down to the pool around 8:30 to wait for the bar to open. Afternoon siesta and a few drinks in the evening.

We didn't make Coco-Bongo's this year. We did go into town Wednesday morning, bought some gifts and things and still made it to the pool by 10:30.

Before we left we had tried to arrange a booze cruise with Steve, we were unable to get enough people so we did Sergio's Tuesday Booze cruise to the island. We have now done 5 booze cruises, 3 with Steve and the first year and this year with Sergio. The price is quite higher with Sergio, it costs $59.00 + $5.00 for the reef tax. The lunch on the island does not include drinks, instead they try to talk you into a $10.00 wrist band before you leave. We ended up buying 2 for the 4 of us, so that was extra, but we thought we could get the girls their drinks on the island. This didn't work either as someone came over and told the girls they couldn't drink (they must have seen us give the girls a drink), instead they told us to buy a bucket of beer for $10.00, which consisted of 4 bottles of Corona. It was still a good time, although I found it a bit more laid back, I think if you go through Steve you have familiarized yourself with a lot of the people from the board and it just "ups" it a notch.

We got back around 5:00, this was when we met the Woodman, I think this is the first time we have not met very many people from the board. Seen a few that looked familiar, and talked to a few that had only been signed in for a few weeks, but that was about it.

Didn't get to hook up with Steve this year either, I called him on Thursday night and we were able to chat a little bit, which was nice.

Thursday, the last day we just sat down at the beach, it was in the evening when we heard about Conquest going under, but we had flown on Sunwing so we were OK. One guy said how he had to front $800.00 because the hotel hadn't received his money from Conquest, so it could have been a nightmare.

Anyway, it was a good trip, nice to get away and we'll probably be back again in the future.

A few pictures to follow.

.......Back to Home...

[​IMG]

With our friends on their first trip to Temptations...

[​IMG]

One of the many gorgeous sunrises...

[​IMG]

The only swinging we seen anywhere...

[​IMG]

One of these days, I will wake up with this woman and this boat
    (1/2 way there right now...)
    :)

[​IMG]

And to the sexiest traveling companion, mother of my kids, love
    of my life, the reason for being...We had a great vacation...
    To the next one...
    :)...:beergone:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. halifaxdan

halifaxdan I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 2
    awesome work! We were there from march 29-april 5 and stayed in room 1135. too funny

3. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    glad you had a good time, we had a blast when we were their in Feb.

4. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    I can't imagine how hard it would be not to go cause of something like a passport........i feel for her. Glad to see you had fun. I am so looking forward to may 15th. whooooooohoooooooo cancun and no I won't forget the passport.

5. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Can't wait to hear more...wish we were there with you guys again!

6. BoulderFun

BoulderFun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    We watched that happen to a woman...not having her passport... right there at the counter. She just broke down. it was so damn sad. I was messed up over it for about 10 min. on the plane. poor thing...

we are 28 days and holding.... grrrrrrrrrrr

7. Bonez

Bonez Addict Registered Member

The true birthplace of the greatest sport on froze
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I see those damn pringles chips made the trip again! :p :p

8. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Nice TR and great pics...glad you had a great vacation and really sorry about your friend...I had Rosa get our passports together last night to avoid a similar fate!!

9. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like you guys had an amazingly relaxing trip... OMG in regards to the passport... I know how much you were all looking forward to spending some quality time together... Nice Suits Barb... and nice tan Bob... lol arn'
    t you glad you took Barbs advice and pre tanned... sounds like you had perfect weather...

Do you still smell cancun when you close your eyes?

Talk to you both soon,

Great job with the post!

Cheers

Bern

10. JenandTodd

JenandTodd Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +55 / 0
    Nice trip report Bob! Wish we were there with you both for a repeat of last year...by the way...did you learn the rest of the words to your song??? Hope to see you in the Falls in June.
    Jen

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice