Just Got back < How we rated it >

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Dragonsblood, Mar 11, 2012.

1. regdog

regdog Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    I ve always enjoyed the music. Nice background noise for me as well. And as it was said earlier if you get too overwhelmed with the techno sounds just chill out by the quiet pool.

2. Dragonsblood

Dragonsblood Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh..don't get us wrong..we are very diversified when it comes to music..we enjoy a nice mix..Reggae, World, Dance,toss in a lil country, blues, rock..and yes the peeps make it fun..but music drives the soul..and feet..lol

Other wise the Place was great...

3. Jason&Tia

Jason&Tia Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Yeah, they definitely need to get a new DJ or at least have a couple of guest DJs during the day/nights. Nothing inspires someone more than the thought that another person may be better or take their job...prolly be much more open to taking requests.

4. Rockdogs-MI

Rockdogs-MI Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just say no to techno

5. Sultryfox

Sultryfox Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    I called it techno as well, but I know it is "house" music that everyone is referring to - and mother fuck if I hear LMFAO's Party Rock Anthem again ... for the love of God, that music is ok with some variety, but they really do play the same 5-10 songs over and over every day and night.

The best times in the pool and at Paty O's was when they had 80s music. People were dancing in the pool and singing along. There was a live band that was really good with the 80s stuff. Then they had a show by the pool one night that was a "Coco Bongo Lite" kind of thing, with people dressed up as the singer or groups - and it was mostly 80s/90s music. I really liked that. After that show, they were playing new wave and the "cooler" 80s stuff, not the "Billy Ocean 80s" as I describe some of the 80s pop that you would not find on my iPod!

I can take the house music for a while, if there were more variety and if they balanced it with 80s/90s. They don't take requests because I think they just have the same CDs they use on shuffle, and they don't really have a DJ who can find a specific song.

They did have a movie song contest at the sexy pool one day and I tried to call them out on a major error they made. They played the theme from Lord of the Rings, and 3-4 people said that was the movie and the chick in charge said no. I was like WTF?! That was totally the music from LOTR, but she said it was Pirates of the Caribbean. I call substantial bullshit on that, their answer key was wrong and I feel sorry for the people who lost the game because she would not listen, and I really don't think she even knew the difference herself.

6. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    It's really too bad we are gonna miss you this year. Maybe next year!

7. kristinanddoug

kristinanddoug Cancun Party Expert Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    No, we are going for the MAYhem this year, we really want to go ''all out'' this vacation! No holding back like we did in September, balls to the wall! :spam1:

8. Ben & Lisa

Ben & Lisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0
    You mean they actually play music at the sexy pool....Who would have thought,LOL!

9. carlosjm

carlosjm Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    for the one millionth time, it's not called Techno: it's called House music. Techno disappeared in the mid 90's. You need to remember that house music along with hip hop is the dominant dance music genre the world over for the last 15 years. Temptation is a party resort and therefore dance music will be played there, in this case being house music.

10. MichiganCity2

MichiganCity2 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice