Just Back...

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by yvr1, Apr 12, 2014.

1. yvr1

yvr1 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Fixed your post.

2. yvr1

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    It was great meeting you guys.

3. javacouple

javacouple Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 0
    Thanks and it was great to meet you two as well!

4. crissynchris

crissynchris Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    lmao!!

5. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    I've got whiplash, too! I'm going to put on my neck brace and wait anxiously for your report!

It's really encouraging that you said you had more fun than at TTR. It's been all the descriptions of GOV as "quiet and relaxing" that have me freaking out. I don't want quiet and relaxing--I want fun and crazy. So, when you give your report, would you mind describing the things that were fun? If it's just the people who made it fun, I'm probably going to have to shift back to TTR. We like games and contests and general mischief by the pool.... But if the resort is contributing to the fun, it would be really helpful to know that?

6. iacouple45

iacouple45 Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Ok, Back in Feb, we were at GOV for a day pass in middle of week to party with old friends that were staying there, and new friends we met there on a Wed night...paid good money for the pass and had a GREAT time, then when we finished our week at our resort, . we came back and stayed two more days at GOV...
    We understand the WHIPLASH you are having... while we were there we had whiplash...some parts of resort were great, others were not as good... We believe that ALMOST all reviews are genuine, both positive and negative ones.... we don't believe the resort is treating anyone differently, it comes down to Vacation expectations.
    We had great fun with great people we met there, or met here online . .I could go on in detail, but we think the staff is overworked so much, that most have no time to interact with customers, therefore, the vibe and energy is lacking, .. the vibe of the bar and wait staff, who are doing their very best may be what is the number ONE problem at the resort, and that vibe is overpowering almost any of the good points...
    Just MHO

7. JeffnNik

JeffnNik Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's definitely the people that made this trip fun. The resort does very little by way of activities during the day and even less by way of communicating that they are even going on. There was extremely low participation in theme nights as well (zero on lingerie night, to be exact). We actually did have a fabulous trip but I would attribute that nearly 100% to the awesome people we met and the TTR peeps that were there for the first few days with us. There are a lot of pros and cons when comparing directly against TTR but no contest at all when you look just at general party atmosphere and craziness - that goes to TTR hands down.

8. summerbum

summerbum I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +738 / 0
    Thank you! This is just what we needed to know to help us make our final decision! Two couples we really want to see already switched over to TTR, so we'll be going back there after all.

9. Donald

Donald Devil's advocate Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,133 / 2
    I found the biggest difference in reviews in the staff when compared to TTR where they are always happy.

10. yvr1

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Just having a look at Cancun packages over Halloween and noticed that TTR is cheaper than GOV, at only about $1k each for 8 nights. Wow, what happened?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice