just back from our first but NOT our last trip...

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by letuslickunow, Feb 15, 2009.

1. letuslickunow

letuslickunow Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    will be posting a detailed review later on today (if I have the energy) and will be around to answer questions...

We had an absolute blast and are already trying to figure out when we can go back!

2. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Glad to hear you had a great time...Look forward to your TR and possible pics...LOL... :p

3. Bern & Steve

Bern & Steve Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Love your Name looking foward to seeing your post ...how was the entertainment ?

4. letuslickunow

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok, I'll get started now, came back with a cold, so don't know how far I'll get before the Sudafed kicks in.

No real pics to post here, as they almost all have naked breasts in them, so you will just have to use your imagination for that :)

Daytime entertainment was great, night time was eh....

Sunday, February 8

We flew direct from PHL to CUN on USAirways, got the GoUpgrade to First Class. Flight was uneventful, landed early and there was no gate for us, so we sat on the tarmac for 45 minutes. The airport in Cancun was beautiful and looked new but only has one runway so don't expect anything timely out of there. We actually landed at 12:15pm but after sitting on the tarmac, had to go through customs and a ridiculous mob of people unlike we've seen in customs before. Finally made it outside at 2 pm, and looked for our USA Transfer guy - found him! Waited 5 minutes for our driver, and we were off. Weather was overcast, drizzly and cool, we made it to Temptations in less than 30 minutes.

Checked in and went to talk to the "hostess" while they "checked" to see if our room was ready. I was prepared to nod along, which we did, and Ileana scheduled us for a 9am breakfast tour. I felt kind of bad about fooling her until she mentioned all the traps there are for timeshares, and then I didn't feel so bad. Went back to the counter to get our bracelets, and then up to our room. We were in 1337 (Oceanview) overlooking the quiet pool. Haven't seen mentioned here that the key cards don't go in anything, you have to actually touch the key to the lock mechanism to get the door to unlock. Have never seen one like that before, so I thought I would mention it as we had to ask the bellman who brought our luggage how to get in.

5. letuslickunow

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    To be honest, we were a little disappointed in the room, although we were happy about having a bathroom door. There are only 2 very shallow drawers, so we lived out of suitcases all week, which was very annoying. Our bellman showed us the safe, and then realizeded it was broken. I called down to the front desk to have it fixed, and the girl came right away. Unfortunately, she didn't have everything she needed, and had to come back. We were starving, and wanted to go for a walk, but she said she was not allowed to be in the room alone, so we had to wait until she finally gave up and said that the safe couldn't be fixed. She told us we could go and ask for a new room the next day, as the resort was full. Locked all the valuables in the luggage and went to eat - it was now after 3pm and the buffet was closed, so we went to Margarita's for our first of many hamburgers. They were as many have said - very good!

We went for a walk to get our bearings but it started raining, so we headed back to the room to decide what to do about moving/unpacking. After our walk, we decided to keep our room and live without the safe, as we were very close to the buffet, Margarita's, and it was a quick walk to the Sexy pool as well as having a great Ocean view.

We were exhausted from traveling, and unpacked as best we could. Checked out Channel 12 ;) and fell asleep for a bit. I woke up around 9 and ran to get us some food from the buffet before it closed. Another thing I haven't seen mentioned here, you're not allowed to take plates from the buffet. I had loaded us up two plates, and got reprimanded by a staff person for trying to go back to my room. He said that I had to use a disposable plate for safety reasons (which I understand, but should be posted some where). It was kind of embarassing standing at the bar moving all my food to plastic plates. Headed back to the room and was ready to call it a night since I knew I would have to be up early for pool chairs.

6. sdherman

sdherman Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Pretty good memory of your first day!!!! Wish I could remember my first day.LOL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice