Just back from GP

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by breezesfan, Jul 7, 2014.

1. breezesfan

breezesfan Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just returned from 6 days at Golden Parnassus. Had a great time !!!However the water is both Beautiful and ROUGH!!! WOW !!! This area could be really dangerous for small children. Each day we saw at least one child at the Adjacent resorts get in BIG trouble just 10 ft from shore. The undertow was very strong.
    Nothing at all like the water at TTR !!

2. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,612 / 4
    We were there in dec. last year, and the water was very rough the first two days, and got better each day. By the fourth day there were dozens of people out there floating.

How was the crowd when you were there?

3. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    the crowd was very small during July 4 week. at most maybe 4=8 people in the water even on Yellow flag afternoons. Fronzie (The bartender) remarked that the resort was nowhere near full.

4. MinnesotaWoman

MinnesotaWoman Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How did you like it? We've been to both Temptation and Golden Parnassus twice.
    Temptation is a little wilder. The wild fun at the Golden seems to stay mainly at the Tiki Bar, and starts a bit later than at Temptation. I kind of like the layout, and the food and restaurants better at the Golden, and the beach is better -- although you're right, the sea is way tamer on the top of the "7" -- thanks to Isla Mujeres!

Since we've been at both places twice now, we wanted something different this trip, and we're trying Oasis Sens, also in Cancun, also adult only. See my posts on the GOV forum. Getting crap from people on Trip Advisor, but that crowd doesn't like Temptation, either. Golden Parnassus gets better reviews there, sometimes.
    A lot of snooty people who don't seem to go on vacation to have fun, is what the Cancun forum over there at TA seems to be on their way to becoming. Not all of us want to go to Excellence or Le Blanc.

5. breezesfan

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We really liked it !!!! We never witnessed any of the wild stuff around the Tiki bar. Food was really good and the beach and water were great. We got a great deal on Orbitz ($1300 for 5 days w/air from Atlanta) for Oct, so we are going back. I suppose we will make the trip back to TTR in Dec.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice