June 2018 Trip Report

Discussion in 'Temptation Resort Reviews' started by Mister Dr Jane, Jun 7, 2018.

1. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Having enjoyed many of Kyle's trip reports over the years, I thought it may be of some use to the new folks who want to see recent updates and to add some of the changes we have experienced from the Old to the New TTR. We are repeaters and I think this is the 3rd since the remodel.

We were suppose to fly out Thursday evening, spend the night in DFW and arrive in CUN at 9:30 AM for an early start to a short sort of bonus trip we were making to catch up with friends we haven't seen for too long. Flight to DFW delayed 3 times and then cancelled. American's APP is great. I highly recommend it if you fly with them at all. Kept us very informed. American rebooked us for the next day through Miami automatically, so a bit longer flight and a few hours later, we were standing in line in Immigration. Green light in customs and to a waiting USA Transfers van with the AC on and beers in a cooler. USA Transfers has been great. I don't know why you would use anyone else. They have great communication and very reliable friendly service.

Check In was a breeze, we were black-banders this time, so they took us the office and got us all signed in in just a few minutes. Butler Armando grabbed our bags and walked to our room which was ready at check in. This was a first for us in many trips. He put his cell number in the contacts on my phone and texted himself, so he knew it would go through. This was a great idea. It makes tracking down a butler to help you WAY easier than waiting for him to find you. We just asked for reservations at Italian for a couple days later and extra water and diet coke. He took care of all of those without issue. Changed and headed down to the pool for the afternoon. This was the second trip where we didn't expect to see any one we know on our first day, but ran into a familiar face within 10 minutes of arriving at the pool bar. Lourdes the female bar tender, hooked us up with the first round and into the party we went.

I immediately noticed way more packs of singles this trip than I can recall on any other. There were a couple of bachelorette parties and a lot of 3 packs of single ladies. I kept wondering if the hotel allows 3 to a room and they were grouped that way to save money? Almost all the single ladies were wearing tops or one piece suits.

The fucking phones and cameras were everywhere. This is a theme that is getting much worse after the renovation that I or the wife are not pleased with. I would really like to get across to hotel management as the primary thing that could easily kill the TTR vibe that we all have come to love. So if any of you has any connections or pull, please point them to this post.

There were girls with phones in waterproof pouches in the pool, there were single dudes taking panoramas around the pool. I politely told one to stop and then informed security after I caught him again. There was a guy and his girlfriend doing photoshoot with a gimballed video camera on the deck between the sexy pool and the beach. The girl with the full size tripod and camera was around for a few days as well. I noticed her carrying it into restaurants.

I would really like to see security politely correct this behavior anywhere around the sexy pool. You should be clearly informed at check in that no photos are allowed anywhere around the sexy pool. I know there is something you sign on the back of the paper, but actually speaking out loud "DONT TAKE FUCKING PICTURES AROUND THE SEXY POOL" would maybe more effective. It should be repeated with every announcement for Beach Volleyball coming up and the sign should be out at all activities. I only saw it once in the 4 days we were in the pool.

Now that that rant is out of the way, on to the good parts.

The new male Playmakers are doing a great job. Magic Mike, Rico and Mini cooper really do a great job of interacting with the guests and complimenting JJ's mic time. The girls are still new so I expect them to get better with time. Rico is a great addition to the team. I think he could be a great one. He has to have had some sort of acrobat/dance training as I saw him on many occasions doing a single armed jumping hand stand while dancing. The guy has skills and a great attitude. Don't ever get sucked into a beer drinking contest with Magic Mike. The dude can down a beer like he was just breathing it in. Contests were pretty standard and entertaining for sure. I like the 55 to stay alive challenges and of course the Mr and Miss Temptation.

The food was really good. The Italian is my favorite, so we tend to repeat there more than most. Potato soup and lasagna are my standards. I figured out how to eat at Flame. I am from the midwest where it smells like cow shit on main street on a regular basis, so ordering a NY strip or Ribeye in Mexico has not once ever lived up to my standards for beef. The one surprise at the steak house at TTR is the Skirt Steak. It is some of the best I have ever had. Very tender and well seasoned. I would recommend choosing that over a traditional cut from that menu. Also, try the grilled potato salad there. It is very good. I don't think many people know you can eat at the Hibachi without reservations (and without pants). They will seat you at the tables around the sides of the room. They had sushi and limited Chinese dishes. I ordered sweet and sour chicken which was way too sweet and had too much sauce on it. It would have been good had I ordered it on the side. The vegetarian fried rice with chicken added was very good. The wife and I tend to be on different lunch schedules, so we did a lot of ordering food to the premier bar, but did also have the buffet once which had plenty of stuff on it that was up to standards. One of the folks in our group that day needed some emergency carbs to soak up the alcohol and there were 3 kinds of rice and mashed potatoes to get the job done. Breakfast is always good. If you can't find something to eat at the breakfast buffet you are a way pickier eater than I am. Just a reminder to new folks, don't forget to tip your wait staff for meals. They work very hard and I know they appreciate it very much and will remember you and what you like for next time.

Bash was hit or miss in the 4 nights we were there. It was really dependent on the crowd more than the DJ. I need to pay more attention to who is DJ'ing on the nights we have a great time, so I can compliment him on here publicly, because their definitely is a difference. Bash was wrapped up and pretty much no dancing past midnight on 3 of the 4 days. Once again, I think it was the crowd (lack thereof) and the mix of people. We had a good time but it did not compare to April or October's trips. On Monday night, we only punched 2.5 squares on our Pitbull Bingo Cards which might be a record. (Two Pitbull songs and one "featuring Pitbull)

Hotel Theme Nights. I actually think they are pretty good now that they added School girl in. Glow Night has been amazing on every trip. I know the repeater groups like to have their own, but it is pretty cool to see the participation of the new people in the hotel themes and be able to match and make them feel like they fit in. Just a polite request to the coordinators of the CCC group themes, keep that in mind when choosing what to do in the future.

Room was great, no issues. AC worked, bed nice, pillows meh. Had a balcony that looked out over the ocean which was great for us. A tip we found helped with the hallway noise was to wedge a wet towel at the base of the door to keep out the whistle from the breeze and minimize the banging.

Oh, Rooftop was closed on Monday. So plan your week accordingly. Foam Party was Saturday afternoon.
    Pools and Hot tub closed at 7. Pants required at Italian, shorts were allowed this trip at Buffet, Steakhouse and Asian.

We still met a lot of great people and had a really fun time. Its still the best place I know to go on vacation and meet life long friends.

Sorry this report has no pictures of a lot of the things referenced. See "Fucking Cameras were everywhere" section above for reason why I only have pictures of Mrs Dr Jane and her hiney in front of the ocean. I will try to add some later if I can get permission from the owner.

Be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  2. marshe

marshe The Original Hottie and Hellraiser Registered Member

when not on vacation, home based 25 mns from Toron
    Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Good job
    Short, sweet, concise, and well articulated.
    Completely agree about the damn cameras.
    Never ever felt the need to use a camera ever in 29 trips.
    And have only allowed about 10 or 12 pics to be taken of us.

But the younger clientele demographics are bound to erode the camera rules in due time.
    It is a lost cause I am afraid.

3. jnine

jnine I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2,819 / 3
    You could be right about that. When you've grown up in a generation that has always been connected and posts all of their daily drama on social media, living without a phone for a few days seems unfathomable.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2018
  4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,193 / 14
    Thanks for the report.

Have to say I've not noticed an increase in singles, just a younger age group generally... which could explain the prevalence of cameras/phones. I know on my previous visits security were pretty quick at stopping people taking pics so not sure why not this time. Also a strange week last week, occupancy was quite low.

Great to hear the new playmakers are doing a good job, there's lots of new ones I don't know yet.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
  5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Really enjoyed your detailed trip report guys. Thanks for the shout out too ha.

Funny re the pitbull game. Did you really have a bingo game board with the songs on it? lol. We actually joked about doing something similar. With both pitbull songs and other commonly played TTR songs. We each right down the songs we think we will hear that night. Make a bet. Bj / oral sex or something like that ha. And the person that gets the most songs right wins.

Weird that it was so empty and dead at night. Think that is the exception rather than the rule. Shocked that it would be that empty. And the singles is surprising too. Maybe it was more noticeable w less people as we had the opposite in April. Shows each week is different and who is there each week matters a ton.

Anyway thanks for making the ride home from work interesting. Love the trip reports lately. Helps get me thru rough days at work

6. D&T

D&T Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +492 / 0
    “Pitbull bingo cards”! :D:p:D:p Classic.

Great report!

7. marshe

Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
  8. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Marshe, you know the more I think about it, Yes. I am.

Not to throw a debate grenade into this lovely forum, but I think their list is to a point where they are very good and they seem to have listened to feed back and dropped the non popular ones and replaced them as needed.

It is up to the organizers of said weeks for sure, but I am suggesting that maybe the CCC theme could be something like White Dress Shirt and heels on White Night. I know folks like ABC but maybe its ABC with a Superheros Twist? Glow pasties and Socks on glow night? Sheer Glow?

The Mrs and I tend to look for new people and try to make it a point to bring them into the whole TTR experience of meeting new peeps. It is something we do to try and pay it forward to the kind people who made us feel welcome on our first trip. I know I have heard it a number of times, sometimes with the the bigger groups in a completely sideways theme, "I wish I would have known, we would have participated" thing. I get that the separate theme might be the whole point of maintaining awesome groups like the H&H or Mayhem Etc.

I keep feeling the new place needs all the "inclusion" help it can get. Does that make sense?

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. marshe

Ratings:
    +1,770 / 4
    Complete sense.
    I too, think all the minutiae themes by the groups have gotten silly and or boring.
    However I do like new original ideas....but they are rare and/or hard to do.

Wouldn'the bother me if the themes were eliminated completely.
    Doeen't seem that the Ents Staff focus on the themes much anyway.

But to be honest the groups started nightly themes before the hotel did.
    It used to be only 3 or 4 nights a week that the hotel had official themes.
    They reacted and adjusted to the groups doing themes every night.

10. RicknAmanda

RicknAmanda Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +334 / 0
    @Jen&Kyle hes not serious about the cards. But, we were keeping track and laughing at the same playlist that has seemed to be used for years. Danza Kudro, Timber, Fireball, Wobble y’all know the songs.

To echo my fellow bikini fascianato, I will agree on the Camera use. We grew up in that generation, but still come to TTR to get away from some of it. We took a few more pics than usual, but it was always facing away from the pool or party areas. Maybe they need to bring the sticker idea over from Desire? They’ll just get taken off anyway so who knows if that’ll help.

As for the crowd @Steve it definitely was a lame week. We love TTR but were very happy to be leaving and heading to Desire RM. We met and chatted with a few great couples but overall didn’t find this week to be one of our favorites.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice