Jumpoff Hip Hop

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by karinav3, Apr 24, 2008.

1. karinav3

karinav3 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will be in Cancun Memorial Day weekend and I just heard about this Jumpoff thing and I was wondering how crazy Downtown Cancun gets at night? I'm about 2 hotels away Riu where all this is taking place.. :roll:

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Jumpoff?????

Jamie

3. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    memorial day

Well, you will be traveling over Memorial Day weekend, so I'm sure it will be very crowded. Some high schools have already had graduation by that time too so there are sure to be lots of drunk teens. They have always annoyed me much more than adults in town for Jumpoff. My only complaint is that there is usually even more hip-hop music played in the clubs during Jumpoff.

If you aren't staying at the Riu's (host hotels), I'm sure you won't be bothered by the group any more than you will be by any other tourists.

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It sounds like you a a tad confused as to where downtown cancun is and what goes on where.

Downtown is NOT in the hotel zone at all. It is NOT where the large clubs are like Coco Bongo's, etc.......

There are clubs downtown that mostly attract local clientele, but that is NOT where the events for the hip hop fest are taking place......those activities are all in the hotel zone.

Also, those attending the hip hop fest are not limited to just the RIU hotel properties, they are staying everywhere and hosting activities in more than one location. Some purchased packages, some didn't.....just like spring breakers.....they are everywhere.

If you don't like hip hop & you are going to stay in Cancun so you can go to the clubs, you will proly be dissapointed in the music selection that is played during that time.

Michelle

5. karinav3

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry yes, I meant where all the big clubs are at... I enjoy hip hop but not all night... I like more of 80's, flash backs.. Alternative Rock.. Well we'll try to make the best of it.. thanks so much. :D

6. ar_hurricane

ar_hurricane Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was in cancun last year during this time. We stayed at the RUI Cancun at the advice of our travel agent. We arrived on the sunday of the Jump Off weekend. It was like a 24hrs snoop dog video at the hotel, in the lobby, the pool, the dining area everywhere. So unless your into that kind of thing avoid that time of the year to vacation. The down town area was no better than the Hotel scene. Thank god we were at the tail end of the event and not the begining.

7. karinav3

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Really? We are staying at Ambiance Villas and it's not that far from Riu and we are going to be their the whole weekend... Yah we're not into that type of stuff... we like more Alternative Rock, Indie music, House music etc.... I heard Daddy O will be having parties for Jump off..

8. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dunno if it's appropriate to post the link & a moderator can remove it if it's not appropriate. But to see where one of the promoters is hosting events, go to this site.

http://host497.ipowerweb.com/~cancunju/home.php

Click on "events" and see where you don't want to be if you don't care for hip hop music.

There are other events that are being held by other people, but that link is to the main site.

Michelle

9. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    No problem with the link. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice