July - Oasis Cancun VS Gran Caribe Real (Party hotels)

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Hyru, Apr 11, 2007.

?

Which hotel in July for its partying atmosphere?

1. Oasis Cancun

100.0%
  2. Gran Crand Caribe Real

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hyru

Hyru Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey all, my 1st post here. ive been dying to find a cancun forum and looks like I finally came across the golden one.

Anyway, on to my question.

A few of us (5 guys from Toronto) will be coming to Cancun this July. We are wondering what hotel you would recommend for 5 single guys. Of course, most important to us is the age range of the people (girls) staying at the same hotel. Everything else is secondary! Were here to party and want to stay at the party hotel of Cancun...

now, before you jump in and mention that Oasis wins by default cause theyre been labelled the party hotel since God knows when... heres why I ask...

Last summer I visited Cancun twice (yes, twice in one summer).. once in May and one in July. Both times I stayed at Oasis Cancun.

1st time arond: Mainly Canadians... The guy/girl ratio was like 70/30 - but thats because we had some of the British army staying over... but in general, I could count the number of girls with my fingers (well, lets say about 10-15 single girls).

2nd time around... More Americans... ratio was better, about 60/40 but again, there were only about 10 single girls!

Now, I know Oasis is the party hotel, but is it REALLY still the party hotel outside of Spring Break? I mean, both times w ehad terrible luck with girls in our hotel... at the clubs tho, they were everywhere... so theyve got to be staying somewhere! Is Oasis Cancun just over-rated?

Were thinking Grand Caribe Real... it seems to be an up and coming hotel thats getting some attraction from the younger parting crowd....

and Finally, I am of course open to your suggestions if you have a recommendation other than these 2 hotels....

recommendations?

Thanks in advance!

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    The oasis is THE BIGGEST party hotel in cancun, if you are looking for the party spot, oasis cancun is where you want to be, HANDS down!

3. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CollegeGuy,

Yeah, I keep hearing that. But both times I went last year (May and July) Oasis sucked for "partying" ... there were like 10 girls on the entire resort.

Do you think it was just our bad luck both times and should give it another chance?

Thanks!

4. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    I have never been during that time of the year, but I know its a huge time for graduate students, high school and college! You wont find a bigger hotel to party at, Id likely give it another try, but its completely up to you!

5. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks man, I actually added you to MSN but youre not online lol

We figured July would be packed because thats when the highschools ge out and all the Universities and Colleges are done too... Some of the summer schools are also finishing up... so we thought July would be great.

But we show up and what do we see? a Bunch of guys and maybe 10 scattered single girls (some with their parents)... my friend looked at me and said "so this is the party hotel eh?"

6. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whooo wooo Welcome..More people from toronto...And yes you have found the best Cancun Forum out there..!! Seriously

Ok so the Oasis Cancun is known as the party hotel, but known for being a sausage fest...

The Caribe REal is closer to most things i believe..And is also known as a party resort. It's in a good location...And has better accomadations...What age range are we talking about herE??

7. EngineerGuy

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    hahhaha, well............ its likely hit or miss, but your best chances are there I would say!!

8. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i've never been at other hotels, but im not really sure what makes this sucha "party hotel" compared to others.

At night time the bar is lined up with guys, all hitting on one girl.

during the day there are a bunch of people laying out on the beach some of them wasted the other half sleeping.

if i were you i would get a cheaper hotel that is not all inclusive, and just venture out into the city and explore.

it gets kind of boring staying in your hotel and looking at the same "nappy headed hoes" ehehhe

9. Hyru

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

Yup, another Torontonian gona be spending time here... I guess we have more time without them Maple Leafs eh?

Anyhow, our age range is from 21-23... so low 20s

Honestly, in my opinion, Oasis Cancun gained a reputation for being a party hotel years ago and has been feeding off it ever since. The last 2 times I went were terrible in terms of girl/guy ratio and population in total.

I know Gran Caribe Real is supposed to be a better overall hotel... but the other things like food and all isnt as much important to us as is the people staying at the hotel....

Oasis was just a huge sausage fest :(

Suggestions?

10. Nerd Dawg

Nerd Dawg I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yup stay at the corona bar there are a lot of girls there

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice