Julia Bodeeb: Pathetic

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Vegas, Feb 6, 2009.

1. Vegas

Vegas Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    "You blow".....what a pathetic bitch

--------ORIGINAL MESSAGE--------
    Sent: 2009-02-08 16:59:22
    Subject: Message from Viva LasVegas

What's your problem? Are people not allowed to disagree with your article about the danger to tourists in Cancun?

Her Response:

Viva LasVegas,
    Another Content Producer, Julia Bodeeb, has sent you the following message on Associated Content:

When you are a writer here feel free to expect your comments to stay. otherwise, you blow.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I notice that a Google search for Julia Bodeeb brings up this thread on page two.

I'm not a professional writer but if there was something negative written about me and it was found on page 2 of a Google search result I would feel the need to address it. If Julia Bodeeb keeps ignoring people who disagree with her, and deleting their comments it will only serve to hurt her reputation as a writer.

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just a note about the legitimacy of Associated Content. Anyone with a keyboard can get their articles posted there, so they might just not care. What DOES surprise me is that she's apparently been published in other, good publications.

What is crazy is that your even-handed comments are being deleted. I wonder if it's Associated Content or this lady doing the deleting.

And another thing that irked me when I read this piece: since when is "seem" a verb that is used in true journalism?

4. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Vegas - What am impressively rude response from Julia Bodeeb. I do understand that news sites would hope for well-written comments. But to tell a commenter that they "blow," that's just unprofessional.

5. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey, Vegas!!! Why don't you forward that message from her to AC?

Is anyone else inspired to blog on this topic? RG, CC?

Vegas, can I cut and paste what you received to post on my blog?

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will try to write a blog entry about this sometime soon but it could be a few days. At the moment I'm way, way behind on work...once I'm caught up I will feel I can properly compose something about Julia Bodeeb and her irresponsible article.

7. Vegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Absolutely-copy & paste anything that I've posted.

I have twice asked her if she's even been to Cancun....deleted-both times.

I don't think that AC really cares what their "writers" say. The site appears to be nothing more than a platform for wannabe writers to make some pocket change based on the # of page views they get.

Personally, I think that she deserves to be stalked all over the web. It would be one thing if she actually had any idea about the claims she was making-which is obviously not the case here.

Grrrrrrrrrr

8. Vegas

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let's see if this gets published

Julia Bodeeb on Cancun-Shallow, Irresponsible and Just Plain Wrong
    By Viva LasVegas
    In an article by Julia Bodeeb(http://www.associatedcontent.com/ar...eral_mauro_enrique_tello.html?cat=16#comments) Juilia takes it upon herself to imply that a targeted hit by organized crime against a government official in Quintana Roo should be a reason for tourists to rethink vacationing in Cancun.

Never in my life have I read a published article that is so painfully uninformed. Not only was this directed "hit" not in the tourist zone, it was not even in the city of Cancun. This patheticly broad generalization is the equivalent of saying to not go to New York City because the mob killed someone there last week. Julia, how many people were killed in your home state of New Jersey this weekend?

I have been to Cancun many, many times over the last 20 years-and not once have I felt like I was in the least bit of danger-and I've ventured into many more "real" parts of town that 99% of tourists never see.

Even more appalling than Julia Bodeeb's fear mongering article is the fact that she has repeatedly deleted any comment that does not agree with her article-including simple questions such as "Have you ever been to Cancun?".

Tourism drives the economy of Cancun, and the police there do more than you can imagine to make sure that they are safe(Not that I've ever seen or heard of any significant crime in the hotel zone).

Julia, you should be ashamed of yourself for writing such a misleading story about something that you apparently have absolutely no knowledge whatsoever of.

9. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
  10. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Some great pieces of writing guys. I changed the thread title to hopefully get some more Google love on this, page 2 isnt good enough. Hope that's OK Vegas.

It would be great if other bloggers who have strong feelings on this matter could also blog about it. Feel free to add links to your blog posts to the thread. Hopefully, that will go some way in redressing the harm that this ill informed and badly written article will surely do if unchallenged.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice